Each semester, our Career Fairs offer resume and interview help, internship and career information, and more.
In-person Engineering Career Fair
Thursday, March 9, 2023
10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Lory Student Center
The Spring 2023 fair will take place at the Lory Student Center, convenient for students and attendees. Attendees can talk directly with recruiters and employers from across Colorado and the U.S.
Find the right employer for your internship, co-op, or job, and get important practice on doing interviews, creating resumes, and preparing for your life as an engineer.
Employer Booth Registration Now Open!
We are ready to answer your questions! Find information below on each fair, including both attendee and employer frequently asked questions.
Students and attendees
- Attendance for CSU students and alumni is free for all Engineering Career Fairs.
- All CSU students and alumni are welcome to participate.
- Engineering career fairs are open ONLY to students and graduates of Colorado State University.
- Attendee registration is not necessary for the in-person fair.
- Students can follow specific employers for information and sessions within Handshake.
No! Employers need you for their internships, jobs, and co-ops!
Absolutely! A resume is an excellent conversation starter when talking to recruiters. For most companies, it will be how they remember your interaction and contact you in the future.
Having an idea of the companies you’d like to talk to before you walk into the fair will help you be more confident and less scattered in what can be a chaotic environment.
First impressions are everything.
We recommend wearing business casual attire. To us, that means clothes you would expect employees to be wearing in a bank or business office. Overall, it is important to make sure that your clothes are clean and in good condition with no rips or stains.
The CSU Career Center has an excellent short video about considering inclusivity as you dress for success. “Questions to Ask Yourself to Dress for Success” is available here on their site.
Not at all! Students of all ages are encouraged to attend. Companies are often looking to hire interns too, and attending as a first year student is great practice for future career fairs and networking events.
Students will be able to contact employers directly through Handshake. This is the preferred method unless a student and recruiter have agreed to other procedures.
The participating employers list gets updated every week, beginning in late July.
Do you have any resources to practice ahead of time? Practice fairs, mock interviews, anything like that?
The Engineering Success Center has many opportunities throughout the semester for students to practice with.
- Students can first attend a Behavior-Based Interviewing session before scheduling a mock interview.
- Students can then schedule interview practicing sessions through the mock interview program on Handshake.
- Students can also schedule a one-on-one session to talk about strategies in networking at a career fair. Appointments can be made on Handshake.
Employers and recruiters
The virtual fair has no limits on staff participation.
For the in-person fair, it depends on the type of registration:
- Non-profit, government, and small businesses can have up to two people per table.
- Large businesses can have up to four people.
- Sponsors can have up to 10 people.
Tables and chairs will be provided.
For swag, handouts, and other materials, we have had on average 1,000 students visit the career fair in-person during previous events. However, that doesn’t mean they will all visit each booth.
Electricity is an extra $25 fee per registration. An internet is included for no additional cost.
There is a $50 processing fee for cancellations.
For our Fall 2021 events:
- Full refund minus $50 for cancellations before September 3.
- No refunds after September 3.
Please contact the Engineering Success Center at email@example.com
- Employers can screen candidate resumes using the familiar Handshake platform.
- If you have an account in Handshake already, you’re ready to sign in and register for the event.
- If you don’t have an account yet, no problem! Create a free Handshake account at the same link and register for the event.
Recruiters from all over the country will join us at the Engineering Career Fair, the cornerstone event of campus recruiting activities for engineering students.