It's time to celebrate our graduating class!
Congratulations Rams! We are so excited to be celebrating your graduation and amazing accomplishments at CSU.
Tag your favorite photo from your time at CSU on Instagram and Twitter with #CSURamGrad2020.
Spring and Summer 2020 Engineering Graduates
Watch our slideshow of graduates, featuring their favorite memories and plans for their amazing futures. Go Rams!
Congratulations seniors, here's to you!
Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering faculty and staff wish graduating seniors and graduate students good luck and a huge congratulations!
The dean, faculty, and staff of the Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering congratulate you on your upcoming graduation from Colorado State University! The College commencement ceremony individually recognizes bachelor graduates and their achievements.
At Colorado State University, our priority is the health and well-being of our students and their families, our faculty and staff, and our entire CSU community. CSU is closely monitoring and following COVID-19 guidance as outlined by public health experts.
After much consideration, we have made the very difficult but necessary decision to postpone the Spring 2020 ceremonies. Recognizing the important milestone of being a part of the formal commencement ceremony, the spring and summer graduates will be invited to walk alongside fellow Rams during the Fall 2020 ceremonies.
With the decision to unite both May and December ceremonies, we anticipate releasing an updated Fall 2020 schedule as we are able.
Special note for Spring 2020 graduates:
Your @rams e-mail will remain active after the semester ends. Please continue to check it for information on commencement and other campus announcements.
The CSU Alumni Association has been working closely with regalia provider Jostens about rental concerns for the postponed commencement ceremony. Please review the options below on regalia for the rescheduled spring ceremony.
For students planning to participate in the combined Spring/Fall Commencement Ceremony in December:
If you have already placed your regalia order you do nothing – you are good to go. Your regalia order will include the robe, cap, and tassel.
If you have not already placed your regalia order, on-line ordering will begin in the fall. Information will be sent to your current Rams email account when ordering is available.
For students who will not make it to the ceremony:
- Return locations, immediately following the commencement ceremonies. will be announced in fall 2020.
- Rental returns are in the Iris & Michael Smith Alumni Center all days of commencement.
- If you do not drop off your regalia after the ceremony, it is your responsibility to return it to the Smith Alumni Center. Please note there may be a charge for late returns.
- The deadline to order faculty regalia is the same as for students, and will be posted when available.
- Faculty orders are coordinated by each college office.
- Colleges or departments work directly with the supplier, Jostens, to place faculty orders.
- We can accommodate on-site rentals after the deadline.
- Graduates receive a diploma cover at commencement.
- The actual diploma will be mailed to you six to eight weeks after commencement.
- For those unable to attend the ceremonies, diploma covers are available in the Registrar’s Office (at no charge).
- Diploma covers can be mailed by calling 491-7159; the postage cost is $5.00 per cover for U.S. mailings.
The following college commencement information will prove helpful as the ceremony approaches. Please read it thoroughly. If you have any additional questions, please contact Carol Bernard via e-mail at email@example.com or phone at (970) 491-3358.
Notice of Participation
Graduating seniors, please be sure to meet with your adviser to finalize your degree program requirements.
During the week of commencement, you will be required to confirm the pronunciation of your name if your name is difficult to pronounce. Please stop by the Engineering Success Center in the Scott Bioengineering Building.
Note: The Graduate School, in a separate ceremony, honors master’s and doctoral graduates. For Graduate School information call (970) 491-6817 or see their website for further information.
Student Check-in and Line-up
- Line-up information will be available in fall 2020.
- You must be checked in and lined up behind your department sign no later than one hour prior to the start of the ceremony.
- You will pick up your name card from your department coordinator.
- Staff members and marshals will line up faculty and students for the processional march, time and location to be determined.
Please remember that this ceremony is a public event. For this reason we request that you honor the occasion by not adorning your regalia with additional decoration.
Your conduct and behavior during the ceremony reflect the dignity and importance of this event for all of us – you as an individual and the University as a whole. You are reminded that it is illegal to bring alcoholic beverages onto campus. Intoxicated candidates will NOT be allowed to participate in commencement.
Other inappropriate substances or objects will not be allowed anywhere in the facility and such items will be confiscated. Uniformed police officers and faculty marshals will be in attendance as you enter the assembly area and throughout the ceremony. In accordance with commencement policies, you may be requested to open robes, purses, etc. for inspection as you enter.
Prohibited items and University conduct guidelines can be found on the Event Conduct Guidelines page on the University Commencement website.