Our students are our greatest assets, and we want to provide as much help as we can so that they can reach their goals. Discover information regarding campus and online resources, financial aid, student organizations, and commencement.
UNDERGRADUATE ENGINEERING RESOURCES
GRADUATE ENGINEERING RESOURCES
Financial Aid and Scholarships
University Financial Aid Resources
The Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering pays differential tuition for all graduate students on a research assistantship (GRA), teaching assistantship (GTA), or other assistantship (GSA).
Become a part of the engineering community through our many student organizations. Find opportunities for collaboration and connection through diversity organizations, honor societies, and local engineering project clubs.
The Dean, faculty, and staff of the Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering congratulate you on your upcoming graduation from Colorado State University! Find commencement times and locations, information on how to pick up your cap and gown, day-of guidelines, and more.
The Dean’s List for the Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering recognizes students with high academic achievements during the course of the semester.
Mazin Al Hinai
Hassan Al Lawati
Chon Chia Ang
Natalia Beltran del Rio
Derek Del Toro
Mohamed Kamal Farid
Paula Mendoza Moreno
Armin Saadatian Farivar
Camila Silva Monroe
Miguel Valles Castro
Will Van Noordt
Juan Venegas Jimenez
Rachel Von Seggern
Engineering Residential Learning Community
Academic Tutoring Hours
Academic Village Room 141
Sunday–Thursday, 7–10 p.m.
- Physics, math, and chemistry tutored all nights
- Sunday: CBE 101/160; LIFE 102
- Monday: CIVE 102/260/261; CIVE 360
- Tuesday: BIOM 100/200; BMS 300, BZ 220 LIFE 102/210
- Wednesday: ECE 102/103; CS 163/164
- Thursday: MECH 103-342; CIVE 260/261/360
- Every Monday and Wednesday from 7–9 p.m. during the fall semester
- Academic Village Room AV C146
- Specifically designed for students in PACe math courses: MATH 117, 118, 124, 125, or 126
- Hosted by the Graduate Academic Coaches
- For questions or to set up a one-on-one appointment, email Engr-GAC@colostate.edu
Maintenance Requests/Residential Work Orders
Routine requests for maintenance in YOUR living space can be placed by filling out the online work order request.
Regular business hours are Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. All requests received will be processed on the next REGULAR BUSINESS day.
Note: for emergency services, contact the person on duty for your residence hall or apartment area.
CSU has permit options for students who live on campus or commute to campus daily, with a variety of parking options near the academic core.
ETS help desk hours
- Use our online help desk form
- E-mail email@example.com
- Call (970) 491-2917
- Stop by an ETS Help Desk (see below)
Academic Village ENS Help Desk
- AVB C142, next to the Orion Design Studios
- The Help Desk’s staffing schedule is posted at the desk.
- Semester breaks (spring, summer, fall, winter): Closed
Main Help Desk
- Glover 100
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Semester breaks (spring, fall, winter): 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Summer hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Foothills Campus Help Desk (Atmospheric Science 107)
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Closed for lunch.
- Semester breaks (spring, fall, winter): Closed.
Starting a new phase of life as a college student is not always easy, and we want to help our new students with a smooth transition into the college and CSU. Our orientation programs work alongside the university’s to provide dynamic, student-centered experiences.
MPE Completion Deadline:
Monday, June 3
Engineering RLC Early Move-In Date:
Wednesday, August 21
Fall classes begin:
Monday, August 26
Help! What do I do first?
You’ve created a lot of unique logins while applying to universities, but we have good news for you: This is the last one you’ll need for a while.
Your eID is needed to complete many of the enrollment tasks to the right, and it also will be your official login as a student at Colorado State. Click here for instructions to create your eID unless you’ve already done so.
- First, fill out a housing application, again using your eID.
- As a first year engineering student, you have a unique opportunity to live in the Engineering Residential Learning Community in Academic Village or Edwards Hall. Here, you have access to peer mentors, graduate academic coaches, a faculty in residence, and in-house tutoring. Complete the Engineering RLC supplemental application under the “Engineering Learning Community” on the Learning Communities page.
- You are not required to live in the Engineering RLC, rather there are many options to choose from! Here is more information on housing opportunities at CSU.
Visit the Applying for Financial Aid page and follow the process, including:
- Create a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Verify Information on Your Student Aid Report (SAR)
Completion of the Math Placement Exam (MPE) is required of all incoming Engineering students by June 3.
- In addition, all Engineering majors (except Computer Engineers) are also required to complete Chem Prep well in advance of Ram Orientation.
- There is a 48 hour waiting period for Chem Prep completion to show up in the CSU student information system, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time to complete this important part of your pre-orientation process.
- All official transcripts must be submitted to the Office of Admissions. Click here for more information on the transcripts process and to submit documents.
- In addition, bringing copies of your unofficial transcripts (both college transcripts and ACT/SAT/AP exams scores) with you to Ram Orientation can also be helpful for fall registration since the Registrar’s Office has up to 30 business days in which to evaluate official transcripts once they’re received.
All Engineering students are required to complete the MPE by June 3.
This is required to register for CHEM111. Find more ChemPrep information here.
There is a 48 hour waiting period for Chem Prep completion to show up in the CSU student information system, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time to complete this important part of your pre-orientation process.
Create your Engineering Technology Services (ETS) account at engr.colostate.edu/ens. This will allow you to log in to campus computers and access important software tools.