Our staff help undergraduate students reach their career goals by providing advice on resumes, facilitating mock interviews, and finding the perfect fit for co-op experiences. Schedule an appointment today to work towards a great career tomorrow.
Handshake is the place where students, career centers, and recruiters come to meet, talk, and share opportunities. Handshake allows students to follow certain employers, to make sure they receive any updates, events, or other content from them.
Students can also access Handshake on their mobile phones and receive alerts when job listings are posted. Login or download Handshake here.
Sign into Handshake using CSU eID
- Select Career Center Tab
- Select Appointments
- Select Schedule a New Appointment
- Select category as Mock Interview Program or Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering
- Continue following steps to select open time slots
Career Readiness Program
The Career Readiness Program provides students with real-world, soft skills to complement the technical curricula they receive at Colorado State. Workshops are led by faculty, staff, and key industry leaders to help students develop expertise in several focus areas: leadership, career preparedness, innovation, and ethics.
Career Readiness Workshops:
Career Readiness workshops have now been scheduled for the remainder of Fall 2020.
- As a reminder, students must participate in a Resume Review workshop before scheduling an individual resume review appointment.
- Similarly, students must participate in a Behavior-Based Interviewing workshop before scheduling an individual mock interview appointment.
Please go to Handshake and get registered for your virtual workshop of choice today!
Resume Review Workshops:
Monday, November 9, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
Behavior-Based Interviewing Workshops:
Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Monday, November 16, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
Career specialists are available to conduct mock interviews for engineering students.
Why should you schedule a mock interview?
- Understand what is expected in a real job interview
- Gain confidence for real interviews
- Receive valuable feedback
- Learn the skills that will help you handle an upcoming interview
Resume Review and Career advice
Career advisers are available by appointment only to discuss resumes, career goals, and expectations potential employers have.
Career Advising Staff
Aaron Benally is the career services coordinator at the Engineering Success Center. Aaron is a graduate of CSU, and received a degree in electrical engineering with a minor in math.
Contact Aaron at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Happened to the PLI program?
The PLI program at Colorado State University is no longer a requirement for graduation.