Professor of Systems Engineering
Since 1997, Kamran Eftekhari-Shahroudi has held the roles of Senior Technical Consultant, Lead Controls & Dynamics Analyst, Program Manager, Senior Engineering Manager and Principal Systems Engineer in Industrial Control, Corporate Technology and Airframe Systems divisions at Woodward, Inc.
In 2008, Kamran became an industrial member of the founding committee tasked with kick starting the new Systems Engineering program at CSU. This involved understanding the needs of 40 companies in Northern Colorado. Industrial and Business affinity continues to be a major steering force behind the impressive success and growth of the Systems Engineering department to this day.
CSEP 2019, INCOSE
Post Doctoral 1997, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica – Amsterdam
Ph.D. 1994, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands – Propulsion System Design
Sc.M. 2008, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) – System Design and Management
M.S.A.E 1989, University of Michigan – Ann Arbor – Aerospace Engineering
B.Tech. 1988, Loughborough University, UK – Aeronautical Engineering & Design
- Anomaly-Based Controls, Diagnostics and Prognostics
- Autonomous UAV-based Wildfire Detection and Monitoring
- Hydraulic, Electric and Hybrid Aerospace Actuation Systems
- Integration of Systems Engineering with Program Management
Honors and Awards
- 2019 – Outstanding Article Award from INCOSE INSIGHT Magazine
- 2019 – Best Paper Award: 2nd place at the IEEE International Systems Conference