Where is Colorado State University Located?
The CSU campus is located in Fort Collins, which is a community with a population of approximately 174,000 (2021) located at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains about 105 km (65 mi) north of Denver, that is routinely recognized as one of the most desirable places to live in the entire country (https://www.fcgov.com/visitor/awards). Residents enjoy a moderate, four-season climate with an average of 300 days of sunshine per year. An abundance of outdoor activities can be accessed within close proximity to Fort Collins. Additionally, the City maintains more than 966 acres of parks, 37,607 acres of natural areas, 315+ miles of off-street hike/ bike trails. Fort Collins is a community that blends education and industry, hard work and recreation, tradition, and progress.
What is there to do in Fort Collins?
Students at CSU enjoy an incredible local environment.
Some of the reasons CEE students love Fort Collins and Northern Colorado:
- Richness of activities to do outside. Drive a short distance to ski, snowboard, and snowshoe in the Rocky Mountains, Roosevelt National Forest, or Red Feather Lakes, or Rocky Mountain National Park. Immediately west of Fort Collins hike and play at Hoorsetooth reservoir or Lory State Park. Raft or fish along the Cache la Poudre River. Have a picnic at one of the numerous green parks.
- Love for all things local. Enjoy fresh produce and treats from one of several Fort Collins Farmer’s Market. Linger and chat over food at The Colorado Room or Social, or one of the other hundred eateries in town. Grab a cup of coffee at Alley Cat Café, a well-loved eclectic café. Have a cookie from Mary’s Mountains Cookies or handcrafted ice cream at Walrus. Enjoy billiards at Coopersmith’s Pub & Brewing. Play pinball, arcade, and vintage games at Pinball Jones. We love our food.
- Our cinnamon rolls are good. From the Silver Grill to Vern’s to Johnson’s Corner, Fort Collins has some of the best cinnamon rolls anywhere.
- An abundance of craft beer: Enjoy a beer at one of the 22+ breweries in Fort Collins. A few favorites include Odell Brewing Company, New Belgium Brewing, Funkwerks, and Block Bottle Brewery.
- Strong music and festival scene: Listen to music at a coffee house, a park, or one of the several summer festivals, such as Taste of Fort Collins, FoCoMX, or Bohemian Nights NewWestFest.
Learn about Fort Collins
A little about Fort Collins: https://practicalwanderlust.com/things-to-do-in-fort-collins/
Why you’ll love Fort Collins: https://www.visitftcollins.com/blog/post/31-things-that-will-make-you-love-fort-collins/
8 Facts about Fort Collins: https://www.visitftcollins.com/blog/post/8-facts-you-didnt-know-about-fort-collins/