Required Documents for Application
- Application fee
- Official transcripts of all previously earned credits
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Current resume
- GRE General Test for M.S. and Ph.D. applicants
- TOEFL or IELTS (for international applicants)
No conditional admissions are accepted for TOEFL/IELTS or GRE’s for M.S. and Ph.D. applicants. All documents are required for application.
Those seeking advanced degrees may be recommended for admission to the Graduate School by the department to which the application is submitted if faculty and facilities are available and if all the applicant’s undergraduate grades average 3.0 or higher (A = 4.0). International applicants must rank among the top students in their classes. For strongest admission consideration, applicants should have a 3.25 GPA or higher on a scale of A = 4.0.
In general, students applying to the Ph.D. program should have a prior master degree. Students without a master degree but have significant reserch experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
In very rare cases the Department is willing to consider an applicant with a GPA below 3.0. In such cases we look very strongly at 5+ years of work experience in Civil Engineering, strong GRE’s and if the PE exam has been taken and passed.
The Department does not have minimum required GRE’s. The average scores of the students we do admit are Verbal – 151; Quantitative – 164; Analytical – 4.5
Apply Online (for Spring 2017 and forward)
Visit our online application to apply for Spring 2017 or future term.
Submit Application Materials
After submitting your online application and paying your application fee, begin submitting your supporting materials to complete your application.
- Upload a variety of supporting documents directly to your application.
- To submit official transcripts, contact your previous institutions to request they submit official transcripts to Colorado State University (use institution code 4075).
- To submit test scores, contact the testing agency to request that scores be sent to Colorado State University (use institution code 4075).
- For any documents that cannot be uploaded, submit paper copies directly to the Office of Admissions at:
Colorado State University ? Office of Admissions
1062 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1062
Check Your Application Status
View the status of your application at any time to ensure your application checklist is complete or check on updates.
Civil & Environmental Engineering Department Graduate Application Deadlines:
|Term||Apply for Graduate Admission Only||Apply for Graduate Admission and Financial Support|
|Fall (begins late August)||May 1||February 1|
|Spring (begins late January||October 15||September 1|