Alumni Leadership Council
Inaugural members of the BME Alumni Leadership Council:
Top row: Hannah Mikelson (BME+MECH, ’18), Evan Siebenmorgen (BME+MECH, ’16), Terrance Bishop (M.S. Bioengineering, ’20 and BME+CBE, ’17), and Morgan Leatherland (BME+MECH, ’17)
Bottom row: Ash Mathew (BME+EE, ’18), Jillian Sirkis (M.S. Bioengineering, ’18), Lane Taylor (BME+MECH, ’15) and SBME Industry Advisory Board Member Stephanie Salazar (B.S. Mechanical Engineering, ’11). Stephanie serves as the liaison to the BME ALC.
The CSU BME Alumni Leadership Council (ALC) will positively impact the CSU SBME program by supporting the students, providing feedback to the CSU SBME program, creating and fostering an inclusive alumni community, and increasing the prominence of the CSU SBME program.
Alumni Connection: Networking, alumni events, mentoring program(s), and financial support.
Student Connection: Collective wisdom sharing, best practices sharing, interview assistance, and mentoring program(s).
Industry Partnership: Increase prominence of the CSU SBME program in industry; corporate partnerships, internship programs, undergraduate and graduate research/project partnerships, and industry networking events.
SBME Alumni Leadership Council members must demonstrate all of the characteristics of a distinguished CSU SBME alumni:
- Ram Pride
- Desire to serve the CSU and SBME community
- Highly developed and effective communication skills
- Creative spirit, sense of pioneering, and ability to have fun in a professional environment
- Comfortable interacting with varied and diverse audiences
- Ability to honor required time commitments
- BME undergraduate or graduate alumni who are at least one year post-graduation.
- Minimum of one year work experience post-graduation (inclusive of professional and research experience)
- Dedicate a minimum of 25 hours per year towards the ALC (includes a minimum of three quarterly video conferencing meetings and one in-person meeting to take place in Fort Collins)
- Ability to serve a two-year term
- Complete an interview with ALC Leadership Team members
- Serve on one of the three committees (Alumni Connection, Student Connection, Industry Partnership)
Email Terrance Bishop (M.S. Bioengineering ’20 and BME+CBE ’17)
ALC Membership Application
If you are interested in becoming a member of the ALC, please complete the application below. Applications received after August 2020 will be considered for the following term (2021/2022).