Alumni Leadership Council
BME Alumni Leadership Council members:
Top row: Hannah Mikelson (BME+MECH, ’18), Evan Siebenmorgen (BME+MECH, ’16), Terrance Bishop (M.S. Bioengineering, ’20 and BME+CBE, ’17), Morgan Leatherland (BME+MECH, ’17) and Sam Allsup (BME+MECH, ’18).
Bottom row: Ash Mathew (BME+EE, ’18), Jillian Sirkis (M.S. Bioengineering, ’18), Lane Taylor (BME+MECH, ’15), Kate Knights (BME+CBE, ’16) and Zach Kugler (BME+EE, ’18).
The CSU BME Alumni Leadership Council (ALC) will positively impact the CSU SBME program by supporting the students, providing feedback to the CSU SBME program, creating and fostering an inclusive alumni community, and increasing the prominence of the CSU SBME program.
Alumni Connection: Networking, alumni events, mentoring program(s), and financial support.
Chair: Terrance Bishop, firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Connection: Collective wisdom sharing, best practices sharing, interview assistance, and mentoring program(s).
Chair: Ash Mathew, email@example.com
Industry Partnership: Increase prominence of the CSU SBME program in industry; corporate partnerships, internship programs, undergraduate and graduate research/project partnerships, and industry networking events.
Chair: Lane Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org
SBME Alumni Leadership Council members must demonstrate all of the characteristics of a distinguished CSU SBME alumni:
- Ram Pride
- Desire to serve the CSU and SBME community
- Highly developed and effective communication skills
- Creative spirit, sense of pioneering, and ability to have fun in a professional environment
- Comfortable interacting with varied and diverse audiences
- Ability to honor required time commitments
- BME undergraduate or graduate alumni who are at least one year post-graduation.
- Minimum of one year work experience post-graduation (inclusive of professional and research experience)
- Dedicate a minimum of 25 hours per year towards the ALC (includes a minimum of three quarterly video conferencing meetings and one in-person meeting to take place in Fort Collins)
- Ability to serve a two-year term
- Complete an interview with ALC Leadership Team members
- Serve on one of the three committees (Alumni Connection, Student Connection, Industry Partnership)
Questions & ALC Membership Application
Email Terrance Bishop (M.S. Bioengineering ’20 and BME+CBE ’17)