Working with ECE faculty member Jesse Wilson and graduate student Cameron Coleal, the communications team was able to take a series of photos in the Wilson Lab for use in the report and in various other communications.
- Review existing photography:
- There were few specific photos of labs in the Scott Bioengineering Building
- Recommendations for content
- Working with faculty and students for correct timing and appropriate usage of images.
- Requirements that anyone in the photos should in some way be affected by the Scott gift (graduate fellowships in this case).
- Determining appropriate placement in social media, website, and originating article
- Determine if deadlines and work load were appropriate
- To be created/edited
- Photo session inside lab
- Wilson/Coleal in working environment, executing actual work without set posing.
- Portrait photos outside lab, in hallway or lab as needed
- Darker lab; college did not yet have extra camera lighting/gear
- Close quarters/confined area of lab, including photography from behind delicate equipment
Result and review
Proof files were sent to Emily, along with Jesse, for editing and commentary.
Both the college and the ECE department can use the new photos to promote hands-on lab research at CSU.