The college’s Office of Academic and Student Affairs staff approached us to help create a more readable and friendly flyer/checklist that they could send to new students prior to summer orientation.
Working with Shannon Wagner, Manager for Student Success Initiatives, and Allis Werkmeister, Academic Support Coordinator, we created a more ordered form, with direct links to required actions.
- Recommendations and approvals for content
- Simplifying the enormous amount of original information down to a handful of simple actions.
- Redesigning the flyer to be on brand and easy to digest.
- Making sure all actions led to the correct sites/places as needed, update links as needed.
- Linking back to social media, e-mail, and websites.
- Existing Assets
- Background photo
- Original steps/content
- To be created/edited
- Flyer layout: InDesign
With similar website version already being edited, most of the information could be copy and pasted. Adjustments were needed for space and to make points more concise.
Result and review
Proof files were sent to Shannon, Allis, and Emily for editing and commentary. After minor changes, the final piece was emailed to incoming students and placed on the orientation webpage.
The college has continued to use this format, now in its second year, with only minor adjustments to links and procedural changes. The flyer also informed an early 2020 redesign of the Orientation webpage, adapting a similar, concise checklist format.