Secure a Faculty Advisor
In order to pursue an M.S. Thesis (Plan A), M.S. Project (Plan B), or Ph.D., students must secure a faculty advisor prior to admission.
Securing an advisor:
- Determine your area of interest.
- Identify which faculty member best aligns with your research interests.
- Contact the faculty member(s) of your choice to gauge their interest in serving as your advisor and mentor; be prepared to discuss your academic background and research interests.
- Once secured, be sure to include your faculty advisor's name with your admissions materials.
- Securing an advisor does not automatically mean that funding is provided. A faculty member may elect to serve as an advisor and not provide financial support.
- M.S. coursework only and M.E. students do not need to secure an advisor prior to admission.