When you log into a Windows-based computer on the ETS domain, you will have access to network disk drives that have pre-defined mappings. Your directories access is determined by your academic department and whether you are a student or faculty/staff. ETS provides standard network backups of all network mappings listed below.
Basic Directory Structure
- T: – This is the “top” of the directory structure. The other drives (V:, U: and Z:) point to directories within the T: drive. See below for a list of subfolders within the T: drive.
- U: – This is your personal network file space.
- V: – Department Storage. If you are faculty or staff, you will have access to the V drive. (Students will not have a V drive.) This drive gives you access to your academic department’s workspace. For example, if you belong to the Civil Engineering Department, your V drive would give you access to the “T:\academic\CE” directory. It is preferred that you use the V drive rather than the same location in the T drive.
- Z: – Department Storage. If you are a student employed by an Engineering department, or department staff, you may have access to the Z drive. This drive gives you access to your academic department’s shared student worker workspace. For example, if you work for the Civil Engineering Department, your Z drive would give you access to the “T:\academic\CE\Student-Employees” directory. It is preferred that you use the Z drive rather than the same location in the T drive.
T: drive subfolders
- academic – College of Engineering academic departments V:drive area. It is divided into directories corresponding to each of the engineering programs.
- admin – College of Engineering Administrative departments V:Drive area.
- college/academic – Home directories for faculty and staff. It is divided into directories corresponding to each of the engineering programs.
- college/admin – Home directories for faculty and staff within the administrative departments of the College of Engineering.
- classes – Home directories for each instructor’s class within the College of Engineering. The classes are divided into folders representing each of the major academic programs and divided again into the respective class.
- committees – This is space set aside for all committees within the College of Engineering.
- projects – Directories for current projects being worked on by both faculty and students.
- student_orgs – Working directories for all student organizations within the College of Engineering.
- students – Home directories for all Engineering students.
Network File Space Prices
The prices below are an estimate and are updated yearly. Contact ETS for current pricing.
Please note that space charged to 53 accounts may only be rented one year at a time.
|File Space Size||1/2 Year||1 Year||2 Years||4 Years|
Network Space Comparison
- Windows: U:\
- Unix: ~ (Home Folder)
- Students ( Engineering Majors)
- 15GB by default, up to 30GB with faculty or staff approval
- Students ( Non-Engineering Majors)
- Faculty and Staff
- Personal drive space comes by default for all engineering accounts.
- Your personal file space is archived once your engineering account expires. Please see here for more info on account expiration.
More Info: Personal File Space
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us via the ETS Freshservice site.