General Purchasing Info
Purchasing Requirements and Limitations
- All CSU computing equipment purchased through ETS will be supported at no extra cost.
- It is understood that there are a broad array of computing needs in our college and that no single solution is adequate. Checking with ETS prior to ordering simply ensures a mutual understanding of the support available for the purchased item.
- Computing equipment purchased through other channels may be supported at the rate of $46/hour.
- We cannot purchase computer equipment or software with personal funds.
- ETS does not service personal computers.
- We must purchase HP computers. See “Why buy HP” for more information.
Printer Purchasing and Policies
ETS requires that you coordinate the purchase of your printer with us. Also, we require HP printers as we have found their network drivers to be more reliable (especially with the Mac OS). HP has a wide variety of printers and we can help you pick one out depending on your needs.
Please contact us if you wish to purchase a printer or if you have any other questions.
ETS recommends laser printers over inkjet as they have a lesser cost per print and avoid issues like the print not drying. Also, we generally discourage purchasing multi-function printers as if one of the components breaks then are you left with a large single function device.
Why buy HP?
From the CSU Procurement Services website:
“Colorado State University entered into a strategic partnership with HP, Inc. for the purchase of PC-based desktops, workstations, laptops and tablets, including a number of discounted standard configurations. HP’s exclusive dealer under the strategic partnership is CDW-G. CDW-G has developed a catalog in Shop Catalogs for ordering standard configurations as well as requests for custom configurations for campus departments.”