|Professor, Chair of Computer Engineering (CV)
Director of Embedded, High Performance, and Intelligent Computing (EPIC) Lab
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Departments of Computer Science, Systems Engineering (Joint appointments)
Office: B119 Engineering Email: email@example.com
Office Address: 1373 Campus Delivery, Colorado State University
Sudeep Pasricha is a Walter Scott Jr. College of Engineering Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, the Department of Computer Science, and the Department of Systems Engineering at Colorado State University. He is Director of the Embedded, High Performance, and Intelligent Computing (EPIC) Laboratory and the Chair of Computer Engineering.
Short Bio: Prof. Pasricha received the B.E. degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Delhi Institute of Technology, India, in 2000, and his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of California, Irvine in 2008. He joined Colorado State University (CSU) in 2008. Prior to joining CSU, he spent several years working in STMicroelectronics and Conexant Inc. He has received funding for his research from various sponsors such as the NSF, SRC, AFOSR, ORNL, DoD, Fiat-Chrysler, and NASA. He has written a book , contributed to several book chapters, and published more than 200 research articles in peer-reviewed conferences and journals that have received close to 4000 citations. He has been part of panels, keynotes, and also organized special sessions and tutorials on his research areas at premier conferences. His contributions have been recognized with several awards for research excellence. He has graduated 10 Ph.D. and 25 M.S students. He is a Senior Member of the IEEE (Computer Society) and ACM. His academic lineage can be found here.
Research Interests: Prof. Pasricha’s research broadly focuses on software algorithms, hardware architectures, and hardware-software co-design for energy-efficient, fault-tolerant, real-time, and secure computing. These efforts target multi-scale computing platforms, including embedded and Internet of Things (IoT) systems, cyber-physical systems, mobile devices, and datacenters. More specific focus areas include: 1) energy-efficient, secure, fault-tolerant, and real-time embedded and IoT systems, (across the domains of automotive, medical, and mobile applications); 2) deep machine learning and multi-objective optimizations for multi-scale computing (embedded, mobile, and cloud datacenter scales); 3) electronic design automation (EDA) and architectures for emerging manycore computing (silicon photonic and advanced networks-on-chip, processing-in-memory, emerging non-volatile memory, 3D integrated circuits); and 4) resource management for high performance computing (exascale datacenters and supercomputers). Some details of ongoing research projects on these themes can be found here. Selected videos from these projects can be found here.
Awards: Prof. Pasricha has received 7 Best Paper Awards at the ACM/IEEE NOCS 2018, ACM GLSVLSI 2018, ACM SLIP 2016, ACM GLSVLSI 2015, IEEE AICCSA 2011, IEEE ISQED 2010 and ACM/IEEE ASPDAC 2006 conferences and several Best Paper nominations. Other notable awards include: the 2019 George T. Abell Outstanding Research Faculty Award, the 2016-2018 University Distinguished Monfort Professorship, 2016-2019 Walter Scott Jr. College of Engineering Rockwell-Anderson Professorship, 2018 IEEE-CS/TCVLSI mid-career research Achievement Award, the 2015 IEEE/TCSC Award for Excellence for a mid-career researcher, the 2014 George T. Abell Outstanding Mid-career Faculty Award, and the 2013 AFOSR Young Investigator Award.
Professional Service: Prof. Pasricha is currently a Senior Associate Editor for the ACM Journal of Emerging Technologies in Computing (JETC), and an Associate Editor for the ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS), IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (TCAD), IEEE Consumer Electronics (CM), and IEEE Design & Test of Computers (D&T). He is currently or has been an Organizing Committee Member of several IEEE/ACM conferences such as DAC, ESWEEK, ICCAD, GLSVLSI, NOCS, RTCSA, etc. He has served as the General Chair for various IEEE/ACM conferences such as HCW, IGSC, iSES, ICESS, etc.; and as Program Chair for CODES+ISSS, NOCS, IGSC, iNIS, VLSID, HCW, DAC PhD Forum, ICCAD Cadathlon, etc. He is currently serving as the General Chair for the 2020 NOCS conference. He is also in the Technical Program Committee of several IEEE/ACM conferences such as DAC, DATE, ICCAD, ICCD, NOCS, etc. He holds an affiliate faculty member position at the Center for Embedded and Cyber-Physical Systems at UC Irvine. He has also received multiple awards for professional service, including the 2019 ACM SIGDA Distinguished Service Award, the 2015 ACM SIGDA Service Award, and the 2012 ACM SIGDA Technical Leadership Award.
Note for Graduate Students:
I have multiple PhD positions available in my lab. In particular, I am looking for students to work on projects related to silicon photonic networks, mobile indoor navigation, autonomous driving systems, and multicore security. See here for more details.
Recent News (~past year):
- Oct 2020: I am an invited panelist on the “Unconventional Computing” panel at NocArch/MICRO 2020
- Sep 2020: Kamil’s paper on processing in memory accepted in JLPEA journal
- Sep 2020: New book chapter on “Securing 3D NoCs from Hardware Trojans”
- Sep 2020: Febin’s paper receives Best Paper Award Honorable Selection at ACM GLSVLSI’20
- Aug 2020: Ishan and Sai’s paper accepted in IEEE TCAD journal
- July 2020: Vipin’s paper accepted at ESWEEK’20 (IEEE TCAD journal)
- May 2020: Joydeep and Wes’s paper accepted in IEEE Consumer Electronics
- Apr 2020: Dylan’s paper accepted at International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ICAI)
- Apr 2020: Mirza’s paper accepted in IEEE Optics Conference (OI)
- Apr 2020: I am offering a new course on Embedded Machine Learning in Fall 2020
- Mar 2020: Survey paper on Silicon photonics accepted in IEEE D&T journal
- Mar 2020: Survey paper on Energy-efficient IoT accepted in IEEE D&T journal
- Feb 2020: Febin’s paper accepted in ACM GLSVLSI 2020 conference
- Feb 2020: Vipin’s paper accepted in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology journal
- Dec 2019: Yaswanth’s paper accepted in IEEE TPDS journal
- Nov 2019: Mirza’s paper accepted at IEEE/ACM DATE 2020
- Nov 2019: I received the 2019 George T. Abell Outstanding Research Faculty Award
- Sep 2019: Saideep’s paper on secure indoor localization accepted in ACM TECS journal
- Sep 2019: I am giving an invited panel talk on ‘Green Computing with Geo-Distributed Datacenters’ at IEEE IGSC 2019
Older News Items can be found here