|Monfort Professor and Rockwell-Anderson Professor (CV)
Associate Professor and Chair of Computer Engineering
Director, Embedded Systems and High Performance Computing (EPiC) Lab
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Office: B119 Engineering Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sudeep Pasricha is a University Monfort Professor and a Walter Scott Jr. College of Engineering Rockwell-Anderson Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the Department of Computer Science (courtesy appointment) at Colorado State University. He is Director of the Embedded Systems and High Performance Computing (EPiC) Laboratory and the Chair of Computer Engineering. His research interests are broadly in the areas of algorithms and architectures for energy-efficient, fault-resilient, real-time, and secure computing, for platforms ranging from Internet of Things (IoT) devices, embedded and cyber-physical systems, smart mobile computing, and high performance computing (e.g., datacenters, exascale supercomputers). Some details of ongoing and past research projects can be found here. Selected videos from these projects can be found here.
Short Bio: Prof. Pasricha received the B.E. degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Delhi Institute of Technology, India, in 2000, and his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of California, Irvine in 2008. He joined Colorado State University (CSU) in 2008. Prior to joining CSU, he spent several years working in STMicroelectronics and Conexant Inc. He has received more than $5M in funding for his research from various sponsors such as the NSF, SRC, AFOSR, ORNL, DoD, Fiat-Chrysler, and NASA. He has written a book and published over 180 research articles in peer-reviewed conferences and journals that have received more than 3000 citations. He has also organized numerous special sessions and tutorials on his research areas at premier conferences (e.g., DATE, MICRO, ASPDAC, VLSID). His contributions have been recognized with numerous awards for research excellence. He has graduated 9 Ph.D. and 24 M.S students. He is a Senior Member of the IEEE (Computer Society) and ACM.
Awards: Prof. Pasricha has received several fellowships and awards for excellence in research and teaching. He has been recognized with 7 Best Paper Awards at the ACM/IEEE NOCS 2018, ACM GLSVLSI 2018, ACM SLIP 2016, ACM GLSVLSI 2015, IEEE AICCSA 2011, IEEE ISQED 2010 and ACM/IEEE ASPDAC 2006 conferences and several Best Paper nominations. Other notable awards include: the 2016-2019 Walter Scott Jr. College of Engineering Rockwell-Anderson Professorship, the 2016-2018 University Distinguished Monfort Professorship, the 2018 IEEE-CS/TCVLSI mid-career research Achievement Award, the 2015 IEEE/TCSC Award for Excellence for a mid-career researcher, the 2014 George T. Abell Outstanding mid-career faculty award, and the 2013 AFOSR Young Investigator Award.
Professional Service: Prof. Pasricha is currently an Associate Editor for the ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, IEEE Transactions on Multi-scale Computing Systems, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, IEEE Consumer Electronics, IEEE Design & Test of Computers, and the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing. He is currently or has been an Organizing Committee Member of several IEEE/ACM conferences such as DAC, ESWEEK (CODES+ISSS), GLSVLSI, NOCS, RTCSA, AICCSA, MWCAS, ICECS and ICCAD. He has served as the General Chair for the 2017 IEEE ICESS and currently is the General Chair for the 2018 IEEE IGSC and the 2018 IEEE iSES conferences. He has also served as the Program Chair for multiple conferences including the 2017 IEEE IGSC and 2017 IEEE iNIS conferences. Currently, he is Program Chair for the 2018 IEEE VLSID, 2018 IEEE HCW, and the 2018 IEEE/ACM CODES+ISSS conferences, as well as the 2018 DAC PhD Forum. He is in the Technical Program Committee of several IEEE/ACM conferences such as DAC, DATE, IPDPS, CODES+ISSS, ISQED, NOCS, NoCArc, VLSID, IGCC, and GLSVLSI conferences. He holds an affiliate faculty member position at the Center for Embedded and Cyber-Physical Systems at UC Irvine. He has also received multiple awards for professional service, including the 2015 ACM SIGDA Service Award and the 2012 ACM SIGDA Technical Leadership Award.
Note for Graduate Students:
I have multiple PhD positions available in my lab. In particular, I am looking for students to work on projects related to silicon photonic networks, mobile indoor navigation, autonomous driving systems, and multicore security. See here for more details.
Recent News (~past year):
- Nov 2018: I am giving a distinguished seminar at WSU on “Smart Software for the Internet of Future Things“
- Oct 2018: I am the ECE faculty lead on the new 4-year Ecocar4 Mobility Competition [CSU Source]
- Oct 2018: Yaswanth’s paper receives the Best Paper Award at the IEEE/ACM NOCS 2018
- Oct 2018: I gave a talk on ‘Internet of Future Things’ at the Politecnico di Torino
- Sep 2018: Jordan’s paper accepted in SAE Journal of Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Sep 2018: Selected for Researcher Spotlight, ACM SIGDA Newsletter, Sep 2018
- Sep 2018: Research on indoor navigation features in IEEE Signal Processing magazine
- Sep 2018: Congrats toYaswanth for passing his PhD prelim exam!
- Sep 2018: Yaswanth’s paper accepted in IEEE TMSCS journal
- Aug 2018: Yaswanth’s paper nominated for best paper award at IEEE/ACM 2018
- Jul 2018: Yaswanth, Sai, and Ishan’s papers accepted in IEEE/ACM NOCS conference
- Jun 2018: Sai and Ishan’s paper accepted in IEEE TMSCS journal
- May 2018: Congrats to Ayush and Saideep; paper receives Best Paper Award at ACM GLSVLSI’18
- May 2018: Congrats to Ishan for successfully defending his Ph.D. thesis
- May 2018: I was shortlisted for a Graduate Advising and Mentorship Award at CSU
- May 2018: Congrats to Ninad for successfully defending his M.S. thesis
- May 2018: Congrats to Daniel for successfully defending his Ph.D. thesis
- Apr 2018: Yaswanth’s submission accepted at DAC Ph.D. forum 2018
- Apr 2018: Sai’s paper accepted in the IEEE TPDS journal
- Apr 2018: Ecocar3 ADAS project highlighted in Source magazine
- Apr 2018: Vipin and Jordan’s journal paper accepted in IEEE Consumer Electronics journal
- Apr 2018: I am giving a University Monfort lecture (open to the public) on “Internet of Future Things”
- Mar 2018: I have been selected for the 2018 IEEE-CS TCVLSI Mid-Career Research Achievement Award
- Mar 2018: Ninad’s paper accepted in the IEEE TSUSC journal
- Mar 2018: Daniel’s paper accepted at IEEE IPDPS/APDCM 2018
- Feb 2018: Ayush/Saideep’s paper accepted at ACM GLSVLSI 2018
- Feb 2018: Two papers by Sai/Ishan/Varun and Yaswanth accepted at IEEE/ACM DAC 2018
- Feb 2018: Jordan and Zach’s papers on ADAS and improving automotive fuel economy accepted in SAE Intl’ Conference
- Jan 2018: Daniel’s paper accepted in the Exascale Applications and Software Conference (EASC)
- Jan 2018: Congrats to Sai Vineel for successfully defending his Ph.D. dissertation
- Jan 2018: Daniel’s paper accepted in the IEEE TSUSC journal
- Nov 2017: Yi’s paper accepted in the Integration, VLSI journal
- Oct 2017: Congrats to Yahav Biran (at Electronic Arts) for defending his Ph.D. thesis!
Older News Items can be found here