Office: Engineering A103P
Dr. Azer P. Yalin
Director, Center for Laser Sensing and Diagnostics
Dr. Yalin joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Colorado State University (CSU) in 2002 and is currently a Full Professor.
He received his undergraduate degree in Engineering Physics from Queen’s University in 1995, his MA and PhD degrees from the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Princeton University in 1997 and 2000 respectively, and held a post-doctoral position at Stanford University from 2000-2002.
At CSU, he serves as the Director of the Center for Laser Sensing and Diagnostics which includes approximately 10 students researchers. He is also the Director of the CSU NASA Space Grant program.
- Ph.D. 2000, Princeton University—Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- M.A. 1997, Princeton University—Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- B.S. 1995, Queen’s University—Engineering Physics
- Laser Diagnostics of Plasma, Combustion, Gases
- Plasma Engineering; Plasma Propulsion
- Laser Induced Plasmas and Their Use for Combustion
- Laser Sensing for Security, Environmental, and Health Applications
- Trace-Gas Measurements in The Atmosphere (e.g. CH4, NH3)
Honors and Awards
- 2019 – AIAA Plasmadynamics and Lasers Best Paper Award
- 2016 – Invited Speaker , OSA Annual Meeting
- 2014 – Bronze Educational Award, Edmund Optics
- 2014 – Associate Fellow, Associate Fellow, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- 2014 – Invited Speaker, Frontiers in Spectroscopy, Ohio State University