The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) was founded in Los Angeles, California, in 1974 by a group of engineers employed by the city of Los Angeles. Their objective was to form a national organization of professional engineers to serve as role models in the Hispanic community.
The concept of Networking was the key basis for the organization. SHPE quickly established two student chapters to begin the network that would grow to encompass the nation as well as reach countries outside the United States. Today, SHPE enjoys a strong but independent network of professional and student chapters throughout the nation.
SHPE understands the need to prepare aspiring young leaders from local cities throughout the Unites States. SHPE at Colorado State University provides key opportunities for students to become leaders and innovators in their field and inspirational role models for tomorrow’s STEAM students. These key opportunities are provided to our SHPE students through a variety of programs focused on professional development and networking, community involvement and outreach, academic success and retention, and mentorship.
Mission & Vision
Mission: SHPE changes lives by empowering the Hispanic community to realize its fullest potential and to impact the world through STEM awareness, access, support and development.
Vision: SHPE’s vision is a world where Hispanics are highly valued and influential as the leading innovators, scientists, mathematicians and engineers.
What is Resume Rush?
- Resume Rush is an event where students can meet one on one with employers to review their resumes in short 20-minute one-on-one sessions.
- This event is also a chance for students to connect with industry members, learn more about what employers are looking for, and prepare for the Engineering Career Fair the following week.
- The schedule will be filled out as students reserve spots and as walk-ins arrive.
Want to become a Reviewer?
- We are currently looking to fill Reviewer positions!
- Morning Shift: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Afternoon Shift: 12:00pm – 3:00pm
- Please fill out the form below for each available reviewer. We encourage reviewers of all experience levels to join us!
* Lunch will be provided either before or after your shift.
If you would like to volunteer, please fill out the form below:
Please complete by Wednesday, February 22nd.
Sponsors & Partners 2020-21
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1301
2022- 2023 Executive Board
President – Roberto Ortega:
Vice President – Zaire Valenzuela:
Treasurer – Marc Sibaja:
Secretary – Araceli Saenz-Quiroz:
Outreach Chair – Jonathan Landa:
Professional Development Chair – Mayca Saavedra:
Recruitment & Retention Co-Chairs – Maria Aguilar & Joana Saenz:
Fundraising Chair – Karia Del Toro:
MentorSHPE Co-Chairs – Hector Ontiveros & Tori Jones:
Graduate Rep Chair– Miguel Valles:
Academic Advisor – Claudia Hernandez:
For more information or to get involved in SHPE, please contact the SHPE President or Vice President or Claudia.Hernandez@colostate.edu (Staff Advisor).