Skype for Business provides instant messaging (IM), audio, and video calling. It also supports desktop sharing on Windows-based computers. CSU Skype users can use Skype to connect with other CSU Skype for Business users or external contacts using Skype. It is an excellent alternative resource to Microsoft Teams or Zoom for remote communication between students.
Please note: Skype for Business is a resource provided by CSU through ACNS. This page is provided as a courtesy. Please visit ACNS’s website for further information or help.
All active CSU Faculty, Staff, and Students are licensed to use Skype for Business through O365.
Downloading Skype for Business
On a Personal Computer
- Navigate to the O365 Portal and login with your CSU eID in the format of email@example.com.
- Click the “Other installs” link that appears under the ‘Install Office 2016’ box in upper right section of the O365 Portal.
- Under “Software” (on the left), click “Skype for Business”.
- Choose the desired version and then click “Install”.
- After installing the client, be sure to check for and install any applicable updates.
- Launch the Skype for Business client and login using your eName formatted as firstname.lastname@example.org along with your eID password.
On a College of Engineering owned Computer
Skype for Business comes as part of all ETS computer builds. You can find it by seaching “Skype for Business” in the Start Menu.
Launch the Skype for Business client and login using your eName formatted as email@example.com along with your eID password.
If you cannot find Skype for Business on your , please contact ETS.
Note: If you are prompted to enter both an e-mail address and a UserID during the install or login process, you should enter firstname.lastname@example.org in both fields
Connecting with other CSU staff/students
After you log into Skype for Business, you can search for people affiliated with CSU in the “Find Someone” field on the home page. You can search them by name or by their ename.
Once you add the person you can message, voice chat, and video call with them. You can also add multiple people in your Contacts to a group to have a group meeting.