Tau Beta Pi engineers making extraordinary contributions to create a better world.
As the only honor society for engineers in all disciplines, Tau Beta Pi:
- Recognizes academic and professional excellence rooted in personal integrity,
- Promotes a well-rounded education essential for success,
- Provides opportunities for leadership development and promotes lifelong learning,
- Cultivates a community of dedicated high achievers.
Strategic Goal Areas
- Enhancing the Image, Visibility, and Branding of Tau Beta Pi
- Strengthening the Finances and Fundraising of the Association
- Advancing Collaborative Member Engagement
- Providing Relevant and Recognized Leadership and Professional Development
- Developing the Organizational Process of the Association
- Improving Chapter Support and Operations
Preamble to the Constitution
The Tau Beta Pi Association was founded at Lehigh University in 1885 by Edward Higginson Williams Jr., to mark in a fitting manner those who have conferred honor upon their Alma Mater by distinguished scholarship and exemplary character as students in engineering, or by their attainments as alumni in the field of engineering, and to foster a spirit of liberal culture in engineering colleges.
Integrity and excellence in engineering.