Engineering Network Services - CSU
VPN Information for Mac OS X
Junos Pulse SSL VPN
These instructions are provided as courtesy. TThe Junos Pulse VPN is supported by ACNS, not ENS.
Please contact ACNS if you have any issues with this tool.
- Download the Junos Pulse application (dmg file).
- Double click the "JunosPulse.pkg" file and take all defaults options.
When the install finishes, you will see a new icon in the upper right corner of your screen
Click on the Junos icon and select "Open Junos Pulse".
- Click on the "+" icon to create a new connection
- IN the next window: keep the default type as "UAC or SSL-VPN". For name use something like "CSU".
For the server URL enter
https://secure.colostate.edu. Then click the "Add" button.
- You will now have a VPN connection labeled CSU. Click the Connect button to log in to the CSU SSL VPN gateway.
- Log in with your CSU eID (eName and ePassword).
Now what? You may wish to map network drives or connect to a server.
- Download the current release of Tunnelblick.
- Logged in as an administrator, double-click the disk image (dmg) file to mount it.
- Within the new window, drag the Tunnelblick icon to your Applications folder to install it.
- Download the configuration file. The engr.tblk.zip file should of been saved in your Downloads folder.
- Double click the engr.tblk.zip file to unzip it, creating a engr.tblk file.
- Now double click the engr.tblk file, and it should startup Tunnelblick, and ask for administrator account and password to install the configuration.
- If configuration was successful, when you click on the Tunnelblick icon in the upper right corner of your desktop it should give you drop down list showing "Connect engr". Select it and it should prompt you for your Engineering user name and password.
- If you succeed in making a connection, the Tunnelblick icon should change to a lighted tunnel. That's it you are now connected to the Engineering network.
Now what? You may wish to mount network drives or connect to a server.
Problems with OpenVPN / Tunnelblick?
- DNS entries to look for: Go to Finder > Applications > System Preferences > Network, click on the Advanced button and then click on the DNS tab. Under DNS Servers, make sure 188.8.131.52 is listed, and Search Domains should have engr.colostate.edu listed. If these don't appear, please add them.
- If all else fails and you are unable to get it to work, please try uninstalling the software by using the Tunnelblick Uninstaller, then reinstall.
This document last modified Monday September 21, 2015