Student Professional Development Conference (SPDC)
Learn, Connect, MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
“Participating in the SPDC broadens your know how, widens the view on the real world faced by engineers and gives the chance for students to couple their theoretical knowledge with practical applications.” – Joseph Tayoun, District J
- Develop and practice skills required in the engineering workplace!
- Expand your network beyond your campus!
- Meet practicing engineers!
- Showcase your design projects!
- Enhance your soft skills! Work on a team!
- Get ideas for future projects!
Student Design Competition
The ASME Student Design Competition provides a platform for ASME Student Members to present their solutions to a range of design problems-– from everyday household tasks to groundbreaking space exploration. Each team is required to design, construct and operate a prototype meeting the requirements of an annually determined challenge.
Old Guard Oral Presentation Competition
An engineer must possess a well-developed ability to communicate, both orally and in writing. This competition is designed to enhance a student’s ability to deliver oral presentations.