Major Professor and Advisor (or Co-Advisor*) of Ph.D. and M.S. Students
Ph. D. Students (Colorado State University)
- R.A. Smith, Ph.D., 1981, Aggregation Disaggregation Techniques for the Operation of Multireservoir Systems
- T. Ballestero, Ph.D., 1981, Seasonal Risk Based Reservoir Operating Rules
- W. Lou*, Ph.D., 1981, Mathematical Modeling of Earth Dam Breaches
- J. T. Obeysekera, Ph.D., 1981, Run and Range Properties of Shifting Level Models
- F.P. Lansigan, Ph.D., 1982, Storage Analysis for Annual and Seasonal Flows
- Z.M. Kasomekera, Ph.D., 1983, A Seasonal Conceptual Model for Watershed Simulation
- E.G. Santos, Ph.D., 1983, Disaggregation Modeling of Hydrologic Time Series
- V.D. Nogueira, Ph.D., 1984, A Mathematical Model of Progressive Earth Dam Failure
- B. Fernandez, Ph.D., 1984, Stochastic Modeling of Periodic Streamflow Series with Gamma Distribution
- G. Tabios, Ph.D., 1984, Nonlinear Stochastic Modeling of River Dissolved Oxygen
- J. Raynal, Ph.D., 1985, Bivariate Extreme Value Distributions Applied to Flood Frequency Analysis
- J. Haltiner, Ph.D., 1985, Stochastic Modeling of Seasonal and Daily Streamflow
- A. Henao, Ph.D., 1986, Modeling of Multivariate Streamflow Series with Gamma Marginal Distribution
- A. Mendonca, Ph.D., 1987, Stochastic Modeling of Seasonal Streamflow
- J.N.B. Campos*, Ph.D., 1987, A Procedure for Reservoir Sizing on Intermittent Rivers Under High Evaporation Rate
- M. Chebaanne, Ph.D., 1988, Stochastic Modeling of Seasonal Intermittent Streamflows in Arid and Semi arid Areas
- X. Guo, Ph.D., 1990, Regional Flood Frequency Analysis
- J.H. Heo, Ph.D., 1990, Regional Flood Frequency Modeling and Estimation
- H. Ahn, Ph.D., 1990, A Stochastic Watershed Model by Branching Random Walk Process
- D.C. Wang, Ph.D., 1990, Stochastic Approaches for Forecasting Monthly Streamflows
- D. Frick, Ph.D., 1990, Developing and Evaluating Modeling Strategies for a Complex Water Resource System
- L. Cadavid, Ph.D., 1991, Disaggregation of Precipitation Records
- N. Liu, Ph.D., 1992, The Improvement of Flood Quantile Estimation by Bivariate Pearson III Distribution
- F. Pons, Ph.D., 1992, Regional Flood Frequency Analysis Based on Multivariate Lognormal Models
- M. AbdelMohsen, Ph.D., 1994, Multivariate Modeling of Seasonal Flows for Arid and Semiarid Regions
- M. Markus, Ph.D., 1996, Application of Neural Networks in Streamflow Forecasting
- H.S. Shin, Ph.D., 1997, Uncertainty of Hydrologic and Environmental Data Based on Spatial Analysis and Neural Networks
- H.S. Kim, Ph.D., 1997, Applicability of Chaotic Systems in Hydrologic Time Series
- N. Saada, Ph.D., 1998, Modeling the Uncertainty of Hydrologic Processes Exhibiting Changes
- C.H. Chung, Ph.D., 1999, Probability Distribution, Risk and Return Period of Dependent Hydrologic Events
- A. Eldaw, Ph.D., 2001, Long Range Forecasting of the Nile River Flows Using Large Scale Oceanic Atmospheric Forcings
- O. Sveinsson, Ph.D., 2002, Modeling of Stationary and Non-Stationary Hydrologic Processes
- H. Meng, Ph.D., 2004, Multifractal Analysis of the Effects of Rainfall and Ks on Surface Infiltration and Runoff
- Z. Tarawneh, Ph.D., 2006, Characterizing the Severity of Hydrologic Droughts
- T.S. Lee, Ph.D., 2008, Stochastic Simulation of Hydrologic Data Based on Nonparametric Approaches
- A. Cancelliere, Ph.D., 2009, Stochastic Characterization of Droughts in Stationary and Periodic Series
- D.J. Lee, Ph.D., 2009, The Effect of Parameter Uncertainty in Stochastic Streamflow Simulations
External Committee Member of Ph.D. Students
|Canada:||University of Waterloo, Waterloo
"Topics in Hydrological Time Series Modeling", 1983
University of Manitoba, Manitoba
"Analysis of System Drought for Manitoba Hydro Using Stochastic Methods", 2006
|Korea:||Yonsei University, Korea
"Uncertainty Asssement of Quantile Estimators Based on the Generalized Logistic Distribution", 2009
Yonsei University, Korea
"Estimation of Annual Rainfall Erosivity and Development of Iso-erodent Map for the Korean Peninsula", 2011
Yonsei University, Korea
"Nonstationary Frequency Analysis for the Gumbel and General Extreme Value Distributions", 2013
|Peru:||Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina (UNALM)
"Analisis Multifractal de la Deglaciacion de los Nevados Huandoy y Pastoruri en Los Andes del Peru", 2011
|Spain:||Polytechnical University of Valencia, Spain
B.A. Botero Hernandez
"Estudios de Crecidas de Alto Periodo de Retorno Mediante Funciones de Distribucion con Limite Superior e Informacion No Sistematica", 2006
M.S. Students (Colorado State University)
- R. Kimsey*, M.S., 1980, Flood Control Operations and Optimization: A Case Study for Bonny Reservoir, Colorado
- J.T. Wesgate*, M.S., 1980, Design of Objective Functions for Reservoir Operations
- O. Villacis, M.S., 1981.
- A. Cardenas, M.S., 1981.
- E. Rueda, M.S., 1981, Transfer of Information for Flood Related Variables
- S. Jiwani, M.S., 1981.
- L.F. Munera, M.S., 1982.
- F.A. Pons, M.S., 1984.
- R.T. Wortman, M.S., 1984.
- A.H. Kassim, M.S., 1984.
- B. Turan, M.S., 1984.
- A. Dos Santos, M.S., 1988.
- J. Saraout, M.S., 1988.
- F. Frances, M.S., 1990.
- M. Ward, M.S., 1990.
- A. Lambe, M.S., 1990.
- S. Rogers, M.S., 1990.
- M. Erion, M.S., 1990
- M. Hermes*, M.S., 1991, Synthesis of a Long-Term Flow Record for the East Fork of the Virgin River in Zion National Park
- R. Kingery, M.S., 1992, A Stochastic Analysis of Spatial Droughts in Colorado
- D. Miller, M.S., 1992.
- K. Mumper, M.S., 1992.
- W. Doan*, M.S., 1993.
- O. Elbadawy, M.S., 1995, Use of GIS to Assess Hydrologic Similarity
- G. Farris, M.S., 1995, Impact of Diversions and Regulation in the Gunnison River, Colo.
- J. Zung*, M.S., 1996.
- D. Diller, M.S., 1997.
- A. Cancellieri, M.S., 1997.
- Y. Jin, M.S., 1997.
- J. Hickey, M.S., 1998, Conceptual Integration of Economic, Population, Habitat & Water Allocation Models with a Case Study Investigating Water Management, Salmonid Population Responses and Recreational Economics on the Cache La Poudre River
- J. Pash*, M.S., 1998, Integration of Remote Sensing and Snowmelt Modeling in a GIS Framework
- J. England, M.S., 1998. Assessment of Historical & Paleohydrologic Information in Flood Frequency Analysis
- O. Sveinsson, M.S., 1998.
- S.C. Lin, M.S., 1999.
- J.J. Messina*, M.S., 1999.
- H. Mathews, M.S., 1999, Snowmelt Forecasting in a Mountainous Watershed
- W.M. Li, M.S., 1999, Incorporating Uncertainty and Risk Analysis in the Hydraulic Design of Bridges Using Fuzzy Set Theory
- E. Leon, M.S., 1999.
- A. Martinez, M.S., 2000.
- R. Burns, M.S., 2000.
- C. Fu, M.S., M.S., 2003, Characterizing the Severity and Risk of Drought of the Poudre River, Colorado
- J.A. Bahrawi, M.S., 2005, Frequency Analysis of Low Flows.
- J. Keedy, M.S., 2007, Hydrologic Analysis and Simulation of the Colorado River System