Not sure where to start? Our frequently asked questions may help.
The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering welcomes both domestic and international applications from well-qualified students. Competitive applicants will have:
- An undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering or a closely related engineering or science discipline.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.5/4.0 or higher is preferred. Applicants with a GPA between 3.0/4.0 and 3.5/4.0 can also be considered for admission. (A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 is required by the Graduate School.)
- GRE scores in the top quartile
English language proficiency requirements for international applicants:
Students are exempted from demonstrating English language proficiency if the official language of their country is English or if they have recently earned a degree at an American university. For all other international applicants to graduate programs, Colorado State University requires that proficiency in English language be demonstrated either by the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic tests prior to admissions. The minimum TOEFL score for admission without condition is 550 (paper -based), or 80 (internet-based). The minimum IELTS score for admission without condition is 6.5. The minimum PTE Academic score for admission without condition is 58. Official scores, taken within two years prior to admission, must be submitted directly from the testing agency.
Please do not send application materials directly to faculty for their review. Faculty cannot review materials from applicants who do not complete an application.
After submitting your online application and paying your application fee, begin submitting your supporting materials to complete your application.
- Upload a variety of supporting documents directly to your application.
- To submit official transcripts, contact your previous institutions to request they submit official transcripts to Colorado State University (use institution code 4075).
- To submit test scores, contact the testing agency to request that scores be sent to Colorado State University (use institution code 4075).
- For any documents that cannot be uploaded, submit paper copies directly to the Office of Admissions at:
Colorado State University – Office of Admissions
1062 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1062
All application materials must be received by the following dates:
- Fall semester: January 15
- Spring semester: September 15
*Inquiries about the graduate program may be directed to Graduate Adviser
1370 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523
Ph: (970) 491-5252
Fax: (970) 491-7369