Thomas Bradley (CV)
- Dustin Birch, PhD Candidate
- Ian Lunsford, PhD Candidate
- Paulo Younse, PhD Candidate
- Christopher Roberts, PhD Candidate
- David Trinko, PhD Candidate
- Clinton Knackstedt, MS Candidate
- Lowell Hanson, MS Candidate
- Derek Adelmann, MS Candidate
- Aaron Rabinowicz, MS Candidate
If you are CSU undergraduate student in any major across campus, and are interested in working on these research projects, contact Dr. Bradley.
- Carlos Quiroz-Arita, PhD 2018 (Idaho National Laboratory), Sustainability tradeoffs within photoautotrophic cultivation systems: integrating physical and lifecycle modeling for design and optimization.
- Bao Nguyen, MS., 2018 (Plasma Controls, LLC) Low Work Function Filament Cathodes for Electron Beam Additive Manufacturing
- Zach Asher, PhD 2018 (Western Michigan University) Prediction and Sensing Algorithms for HEV fuel economy improvement
- David Baker, MS, 2018 (AVL), Development of Predictive Energy Management Strategies for Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Charlie Quann, MS, 2017 (Antea Group), Renewables Firming Using Grid-Scale Battery Storage in a Real-Time Pricing Market
- Thomas Decker, MS, 2017 (FactorE) A Modeling Tool for Household Biogas Burner Flame Port Design
- Cody Pickering, MS, 2016 (Utah State Univ.) Methane emissions from gathering pipeline networks, distribution systems, agriculture, waste management and natural sources.
- Eric Jambor, MS 2016 (Janicki Industries), Manufacturing and testing of spline geometry using carbon reinforced composite
- Spencer Vore, MS 2016 (Seagate), Acquisition and Analysis of Charging and Driving Behavior Data for a Fleet of PHEVs
- Christopher Anderson, MS, 2017 (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory), Investigation of indirect (secondary loop) refrigeration systems in commercial food service buildings.
- Clay Bell, PhD 2015 (CSU), State-based engine models for transient applications with a scalable approach to turbocharging
- Ray Duthu, PhD 2015 (Ascend Analytics) Financial and environmental impact of new technologies in the energy sector
- Zaker Syed, MS 2015 (Clemson University) A real-time building HVAC model implemented as a tool for decision making in early stages of design
- Jake Bucher, MS 2014 (Tesla Motors) Analyzing the Real World Integration of Fuel Cell Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles and their Effect on Hydrogen Refueling Locations
- Mohammad Malakoutirad, MS 2014 (Ford Motor Company) Design Considerations for an Engine-Integrated Natural Gas Compressor
- Shawn Salisbury, MS 2014 (Idaho National Laboratory), Understanding Fuel Cell Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Use, Design, and Functionality.
- Justin Wagner, MS 2014 (Rockwell Collins), Evaluation of Power Assist Hydraulic and Electric Hybrids for Medium and Heavy Duty Vehicle Applications
- Benjamin Geller, MS 2010, PhD 2014 (Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America), Objective Comparison of Hybrid Vehicles through Simulation Optimization
- Liaw Batan, PhD 2014 (National Renewable Energy Laboratory), Life Cycle and Technoeconomic Analysis of Microalgae-based Biofuels
- Kiran Kambly, PhD 2014 (Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.), Real World Energy Use for Conventional and Electrified Transportation
- Kristina Armstrong, MS 2013 (Oak Ridge National Laboratory), Analysis of Lifecycle Assessment of Food/Energy/Waste Systems and Development and Analysis of Microalgae Cultivation/Wastewater Treatment Inclusive System.
- Matthew Fox, MS 2013 (Tesla Motors), Assessment, Design and Control Strategy Development of a Plug-in Fuel Cell Hybrid Electric Vehicle for CSU’s EcoCAR2
- Jacob Renquist, MS 2013 (General Motors), Economic and Environmental Analysis of Fuel Cell Powered Materials Handling Equipment
- Brian Johnston, MS 2012 (Lightning Hybrids, LLC), Assessment of V2G for Department of Defense Applications.
- Nicholas Echter, MS 2012 (CZero) Design of Hydraulic Accumulator Systems to Improve Fuel Economy in Industrial-Vehicle Hydraulic Work Circuits.
- Baha Al-Alawi, PhD 2012 (Saudi Aramco Fuels Research and Development), Decision support tools for policy development to support market penetration of plug-in vehicles
- Timothy Campbell, MS 2012 (Lightning Hybrids, LLC), Dynamic Modeling and Control of Battery-to-Grid Energy Storage Systems
- Casey Quinn, MS 2011 (CSU) State of Charge Resolved Modeling of Vehicle to Grid Systems
- Jason Quinn, PhD 2011 (Utah State University), Experimental and theoretical models of the microalgae-to-biofuels process for geographic and climactic optimization of bioreactor design
- Markus Lutz, MS 2011 (BMW Munich), Development of an Electric-drive Powertrain Test Stand and Battery-to-Grid Storage Test Stand
- Eric Wood, MS 2011 (National Renewable Energy Laboratory), Investigation of Battery End- of- Life Conditions for Plug- in Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Barbara Davis, MS 2010 (Pacific Gas and Electric Company), Understanding the Effects and Infrastructure Needs of Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Charging
Post Doctoral Scholars
- Nawa Baral, PhD. 2017-2018, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Brian Dickman, PhD. 2010-2011, Associate Professor, West Virginia University – Institute of Technology
- Jason Quinn, PhD. 2011-2012, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Colorado State University
- Kenneth Stanton, PhD. 2010-2012, Teaching Staff, Colorado Early College, Fort Collins, CO
- Baha Al-Alawi, PhD. 2012, CalStart, Denver, CO