Our lab focuses on the architecture of mammalian cells. The main expertise of the team is in single-molecule biophysics experiments at the nanometer scale. We place particular emphasis on the actin-based cytoskeleton and its role in the dynamic organization of the plasma membrane.
- July 2020 – Congratulations to TerranceTerrance Bishop has submitted his MS thesis to the graduate school.
- June 2020 – New article in PRLOur article about heterogeneous diffusion in the cytoplasm, in collaboration with Matthias Weiss, was accepted for publication in Phys. Rev. Lett.
- June 2020 – New Editorial Board position
Diego is now serving as editor in Entropy within the ‘Entropy and Biology’ section.
- May 2020 – Promotion to Full ProfessorDiego was promoted to the rank of full professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at CSU
- May 2020 – New review article in IJMSOur article about sperm differentiation and the role of protein trafficking was published.
- March 2020 – Welcome to Takuma AkimotoTakuma Akimoto is visiting our lab from Tokyo University of Science
- March 2020 – Welcome to Erez AghionErez is visiting our lab from the Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems
- February 2020 – Article in Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys.Our article on anomalous kinetics of BSA on low fouling surfaces was accepted for publication.
- January 2020 – 6th CSMMM The 6th Colorado Single Molecules in Membranes Meeting is taking place at CU Denver on January 10.
- November 2019 – Article in Acta BiomaterialiaCongratulations to Hasan! Our article on surface characterization techniques has been accepted for publication.
- August 2019 – Article in Physics TodayOur article has been accepted for publication in Physics Today and is appearing in the September issue.
- August 2019 – Welcome to DominicDominic Asebiah, a graduate student in materials science is starting a 10-week rotation in our lab.
- July 2019 – Congratulations to Eric!Eric has successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis.
- May 2019 – New article in Scientific ReportsOur article on mu-opioid receptors in collaboration with the Hentges lab has been accepted to Scientific Reports
- January 2019 – César Milstein AwardDiego Krapf received a Milstein award to spend four months in the IBR (Rosario) and the IBYME (Buenos Aires) in Argentina.
- December 2018 – New article in PRXOur article on the power spectra of individual fractional Brownian motion trajectories was accepted in Physical Review X.
- December 2018 – New article in PREOur article on the identification of the diffusive type of motion in the plasma membrane using ARFIMA models was accepted for publication.
- November 2018 – George T. Abell Outstanding Mid-Career Faculty Award
Diego Krapf received the Outstanding Mid-Career Faculty Award from the Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering at CSU.