Our lab focuses on the architecture of mammalian cells. The main expertise of the team is in single-molecule biophysics experiments at the nanometer scale. We place particular emphasis on the actin-based cytoskeleton and its role in the dynamic organization of the plasma membrane.
- September 2021 – New NSF grant
We have received the award 2102832, “NSF/BSF: Post-Transcriptional Regulation of Gene Expression: From Molecular Interactions to the Network Level” by the program Physics of Living Systems. The project is an international collaboration with Tim Stasevich (CSU), Eytan Katzav, and Ofer Biham (Hebrew University of Jerusalem).
- September 2021 – Welcome to a new Senior Design Team
Jack Burford, Macklin Harrington, and Michelle Hefner are joining the lab as a BME Senior Design team.
- August 2021 – Welcome to Reshma Sunny
Reshma, a new graduate student in the lab, will be working on 3D superresolution imaging.
- August 2021 – Welcome to Ryan Roessler
Ryan joined the lab as an undergraduate researcher.
- May 2021 – New article in FASEB J
Our article, in collaboration with the Buffone Lab, about Cdc42 localization role in mouse sperm, was accepted in the FASEB Journal.
- March 2021 – New article in NJP
Our article about identifying diffusive states in live cells using a hidden Markov model was accepted for publication in New Journal of Physics.
- March 2021 – Outstanding Research Faculty Award
Diego Krapf received the George T. Abell Outstanding Research Faculty Award of the Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering.
- March 2021 – New NIH award
In collaboration with the Teves lab at Virginia Commonwealth University, we have received the R03 grant “Trafficking of proteins: relevance to male fertility”.
- January 2021 – New article in JCIS
Congratulations to Hasan! Our article “Dynamics of long-term protein aggregation on low-fouling surfaces” was accepted for publication in the Journal of Colloid & Interface Science.
- December 2020 – New article in NJP
Congratulations to Samu Thapa! Our article on the large deviations test for Brownian motion was accepted for publication in New Journal of Physics.
- November 2020 – Dr. Bernardo Houssay Award of the Argentine Society of Biology
Congratulations to Cintia Stival and all co-authors. The prestigious award was received for the work on PKA localization modulation during sperm capacitation.
- July 2020 – Congratulations to Terrance
Terrance Bishop has submitted his MS thesis to the graduate school.
- June 2020 – New article in PRL
Our article about heterogeneous diffusion in the cytoplasm, in collaboration with Matthias Weiss, was accepted for publication in Phys. Rev. Lett.
- June 2020 – New Editorial Board position Diego is now serving as editor in Entropy within the ‘Entropy and Biology’ section.
- May 2020 – Promotion to Full Professor
Diego was promoted to the rank of full professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at CSU
- May 2020 – New review article in IJMS
Our article about sperm differentiation and the role of protein trafficking was published.
- March 2020 – Welcome to Takuma Akimoto
Takuma Akimoto is visiting our lab from Tokyo University of Science
- March 2020 – Welcome to Erez Aghion
Erez is visiting our lab from the Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems
- February 2020 – Article in Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys.
Our article on anomalous kinetics of BSA on low fouling surfaces was accepted for publication.
- January 2020 – 6th CSMMM
The 6th Colorado Single Molecules in Membranes Meeting is taking place at CU Denver on January 10.
- November 2019 – Article in Acta Biomaterialia
Congratulations to Hasan! Our article on surface characterization techniques has been accepted for publication.
- August 2019 – Article in Physics Today
Our article has been accepted for publication in Physics Today and is appearing in the September issue.
- August 2019 – Welcome to Dominic
Dominic Asebiah, a graduate student in materials science is starting a 10-week rotation in our lab.
- July 2019 – Congratulations to Eric!
Eric has successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis.
- May 2019 – New article in Scientific Reports
Our article on mu-opioid receptors in collaboration with the Hentges lab has been accepted to Scientific Reports
- January 2019 – César Milstein Award
Diego Krapf received a Milstein award to spend four months in the IBR (Rosario) and the IBYME (Buenos Aires) in Argentina.
- December 2018 – New article in PRX
Our article on the power spectra of individual fractional Brownian motion trajectories was accepted in Physical Review X.
- December 2018 – New article in PRE
Our article on the identification of the diffusive type of motion in the plasma membrane using ARFIMA models was accepted for publication.
- November 2018 – George T. Abell Outstanding Mid-Career Faculty Award
Diego Krapf received the Outstanding Mid-Career Faculty Award from the Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering at CSU.