Our lab focuses on the architecture of mammalian cells. The main expertise of the team is in single-molecule biophysics experiments at the nanometer scale. We place particular emphasis on the actin-based cytoskeleton and its role in the dynamic organization of the plasma membrane.
- January 2022 – New article in New J. Phys.Our article in collaboration with Aljaz Godec about using the intermediate scattering function and the dynamic structure factor to identify multi-state dynamics.
- November 2021 – New article in Computational Statistics & Data AnalysisCongratulations to Grzegorz. Our article on the empirical anomaly measure for Gaussian processes was accepted for publication.
- October 2021 – New article in Nature CommunicationsOur article about the power spectrum of non-ergodic diffusion processes was accepted for publication.
- October 2021 – New article in Nature CommunicationsThe results from the anomalous diffusion challenge were published as an article in Nat. Commun.
- September 2021 – New NSF grantWe have received the award 2102832, “NSF/BSF: Post-Transcriptional Regulation of Gene Expression: From Molecular Interactions to the Network Level” by the program Physics of Living Systems. The project is an international collaboration with Tim Stasevich (CSU), Eytan Katzav, and Ofer Biham (Hebrew University of Jerusalem).
- September 2021 – Welcome to a new Senior Design TeamJack Burford, Macklin Harrington, and Michelle Hefner are joining the lab as a BME Senior Design team.
- August 2021 – Welcome to Reshma SunnyReshma, a new graduate student in the lab, will be working on 3D superresolution imaging.
- August 2021 – Welcome to Ryan RoesslerRyan joined the lab as an undergraduate researcher.
- May 2021 – New article in FASEB JOur article, in collaboration with the Buffone Lab, about Cdc42 localization role in mouse sperm, was accepted in the FASEB Journal.
- March 2021 – New article in NJPOur article about identifying diffusive states in live cells using a hidden Markov model was accepted for publication in New Journal of Physics.
- March 2021 – Outstanding Research Faculty Award Diego Krapf received the George T. Abell Outstanding Research Faculty Award of the Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering.
- March 2021 – New NIH awardIn collaboration with the Teves lab at Virginia Commonwealth University, we have received the R03 grant “Trafficking of proteins: relevance to male fertility”.
- January 2021 – New article in JCISCongratulations to Hasan! Our article “Dynamics of long-term protein aggregation on low-fouling surfaces” was accepted for publication in the Journal of Colloid & Interface Science.
- December 2020 – New article in NJPCongratulations to Samu Thapa! Our article on the large deviations test for Brownian motion was accepted for publication in New Journal of Physics.
- November 2020 – Dr. Bernardo Houssay Award of the Argentine Society of BiologyCongratulations to Cintia Stival and all co-authors. The prestigious award was received for the work on PKA localization modulation during sperm capacitation.
- July 2020 – Congratulations to TerranceTerrance Bishop has submitted his MS thesis to the graduate school.
- June 2020 – New article in PRLOur article about heterogeneous diffusion in the cytoplasm, in collaboration with Matthias Weiss, was accepted for publication in Phys. Rev. Lett.
- June 2020 – New Editorial Board position
Diego is now serving as editor in Entropy within the ‘Entropy and Biology’ section.
- May 2020 – Promotion to Full ProfessorDiego was promoted to the rank of full professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at CSU
- May 2020 – New review article in IJMSOur article about sperm differentiation and the role of protein trafficking was published.
- March 2020 – Welcome to Takuma AkimotoTakuma Akimoto is visiting our lab from Tokyo University of Science
- March 2020 – Welcome to Erez AghionErez is visiting our lab from the Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems
- February 2020 – Article in Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys.Our article on anomalous kinetics of BSA on low fouling surfaces was accepted for publication.
- January 2020 – 6th CSMMM The 6th Colorado Single Molecules in Membranes Meeting is taking place at CU Denver on January 10.
- November 2019 – Article in Acta BiomaterialiaCongratulations to Hasan! Our article on surface characterization techniques has been accepted for publication.
- August 2019 – Article in Physics TodayOur article has been accepted for publication in Physics Today and is appearing in the September issue.
- August 2019 – Welcome to DominicDominic Asebiah, a graduate student in materials science is starting a 10-week rotation in our lab.
- July 2019 – Congratulations to Eric!Eric has successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis.
- May 2019 – New article in Scientific ReportsOur article on mu-opioid receptors in collaboration with the Hentges lab has been accepted to Scientific Reports
- January 2019 – César Milstein AwardDiego Krapf received a Milstein award to spend four months in the IBR (Rosario) and the IBYME (Buenos Aires) in Argentina.
- December 2018 – New article in PRXOur article on the power spectra of individual fractional Brownian motion trajectories was accepted in Physical Review X.
- December 2018 – New article in PREOur article on the identification of the diffusive type of motion in the plasma membrane using ARFIMA models was accepted for publication.
- November 2018 – George T. Abell Outstanding Mid-Career Faculty Award
Diego Krapf received the Outstanding Mid-Career Faculty Award from the Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering at CSU.