Dr. David G. Alciatore, PE
of Mechanical Engineering
Colorado State University
1374 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, Colorado 80523-1374
ph: (970) 491-6589
Positions and Involvements
- Associate Professor, Mechanical
Engineering, Colorado State University, 1991-present.
Dave's Illustrated Principles," Billiards Digest, monthly, 2004-present.
and Contributor, Online Video
- Webmaster, High-speed
Video Demonstrations, 2001-present.
- Fellow, The American Society
of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), 2007-present.
- Co-author, Video Encyclopedia of Pool Practice (VEPP), instructional DVD series, 2011-2012.
- Co-author, Introduction
to Mechatronics and Measurement Systems, textbook, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2012.
- Co-author, Video Encyclopedia of Pool Shots (VEPS), instructional DVD series, 2009-2010.
Video Magic instructional DVD, 2007.
- Distinguished Lecturer, "The
Illustrated Principles of Pool and Billiards," ASME, 2004-2007.
Introduction to Mechatronics
and Measurement Systems Laboratory Exercises, 2004-present.
The Illustrated Principles of Pool and
Billiard book, 2004.
- Author, VP-Sculpt:
software for editing and sculpting 3-D polygonal mesh surface models (e.g., from
3-D laser scanners), 1994-2006.
Research and Consulting Interests
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University
of Texas at Austin, 1989.
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, University
of Texas at Austin, 1987.
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, University
of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA, 1986.