Dr. David G. Alciatore, PE ("Dr. Dave")
Department of Mechanical Engineering
College of Engineering
Colorado State University
1374 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, Colorado 80523-1374
office: Engineering A112
ph: (970) 491-6589
Positions and Involvements
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Colorado State University, 1991-present.
- Author, Introduction to Mechatronics and Measurement Systems, textbook, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2012, 2019.
- Author, Introduction to Mechatronics and Measurement Systems Laboratory Exercises, 2004-present.
- Fellow, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), 2007-present.
- Instructional Columnist, "Dr. Dave's Illustrated Principles," Billiards Digest, monthly, 2004-present.
- Dean, Billiard University, 2013-present.
- Advanced Instructor, Professional Billiard Instructors Association (PBIA), 2015-present.
- Author, System for Aiming With Sidespin (SAWS), 2019.
- Co-author, Video Encyclopedia of Nine-ball and Ten-ball (VENT), instructional video series, 2018.
- Co-author, Video Encyclopedia of Eight Ball (VEEB), instructional video series, 2016.
- Board Member, Billiard Education Foundation (BEF) Board of Trustees, 2010-2015.
- Editor and Contributor, Online Video Demonstrations, 2001-present.
- Webmaster, High-speed Video Demonstrations, 2001-present.
- Co-author, How to Aim Pool Shots (HAPS), 2014.
- Co-author, Billiard University (BU) instructional DVD series, 2013.
- Co-author, Video Encyclopedia of Pool Practice (VEPP), instructional DVD series, 2012.
- Co-author, Video Encyclopedia of Pool Shots (VEPS), instructional DVD series, 2010.
- Author, High-speed Video Magic instructional DVD, 2007.
- Distinguished Lecturer, "The Illustrated Principles of Pool and Billiards," ASME, 2004-2007.
- Author, The Illustrated Principles of Pool and Billiard book, 2004.
- Author, VP-Sculpt: software for editing and sculpting 3-D polygonal mesh surface models (e.g., from 3-D laser scanners), 1994-2006.
Research and Consulting Interests
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 1989.
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 1987.
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA, 1986.