Student Travel Grant Requirements
SPHPC19 welcomes Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows working in the area of silicon photonics and high-performance computing to attend the workshop. SPHPC19 will provide 8-10 student travel grants (each at $500 or actual travel/registration costs, whichever is less) for attending the workshop. In addition, we offer free registrations to students that will be awarded the travel grant.
To be considered for the travel grant at SPHPC19, students should submit the following on EasyChair:
- A two-page summary (extended abstract) of the Ph.D./Postdoc work based on IEEE conference template. The two-page paper should clearly list the main contributions of the Ph.D./Postdoc work. Also, it should include a list of recent publications, if any, in the reference section. Kindly note that this abstract will not be published, but will be made available to the workshop attendees;
- A support letter from the advisor, sanctioning the submission and acknowledging willingness to support the students’ travel (either fully or as necessary beyond any possible SPHPC student travel support) to the workshop.
Present a poster summarizing your Ph.D./Postdoc work at SPHPC19.
All the submissions will be reviewed carefully in terms of quality and relevance to the workshop topics and interests. If your submission is accepted, you must present a poster at SPHPC19. Merge all the requirements in a SINGLE PDF FILE and submit it.
Click Here to Submit Your Application (Please make sure to select “Student Travel Grant” under topics!)
All the travel grant awardees are expected to present their posters at SPHPC. Please note the following regarding your poster presentations:
- You will have a display area sized at maximum 48 inches by 36 inches. You are free to use this area in any way you like (e.g., one large poster, multiple sheets, etc). If you choose to use multiple sheets instead of one poster, you can produce a total of six (6) A4 pages or print a total of twelve (12) PowerPoint presentation slides (2 slides per A4 page).
- We will provide thumbtacks (pushpins) to hang your poster on provided boards. Please look for the board with your presentation number.
- SPHPC19 will NOT supply output or production services.
- Application Submission: April 31, 2019 (extended)
- Acceptance Notification: May 5, 2019