Fall 2002, TTh 3:30-4:45pm
- 8/27: Welcome! Handouts: General Information, class webpage to
obtain Organizational Information, Class Policies, Homework 1.
Announced username and password for password-protected page.
Please fill out preliminary class roll.
- 9/3: Write student ID number on homeworks.
Homework 1 solutions posted on web.
- 9/10: Homework 2 solutions posted on web.
- 9/17: Exam 1 covers Chapters 1-3. Outline of topics:
- Chapter 1: Combinatorial Analysis
- permutations with repeated items
- permutations of r items from n
- combinations of r items from n
- Chapter 2: Axioms of Probability
- set operations and calculations
- calculations by counting
- Chapter 3: Conditional Probability & Independence
- Bayes' formula
- multiplication rule
- 11/12: Please note new homework deadlines for HW7 (Nov 19) and HW8
Professor Edwin Chong,
This document was last modified
January 17, 2007.