Dr. Daniel Baker
- Mueller Price, J., B. P. Bledsoe and D. W. Baker. 2015. Influences of Sudden Changes in Discharge and Physical Stream Characteristics on Transient Storage and Nitrate Uptake in an Urban Stream. Hydrological Process. 29(6), 1466-79 pp. doi: 10.1002/hyp.10275
- Niezgoda, S. L., P. R. Wilcock, D. W. Baker, J. M. Price, J. M. Castro, J. C. C. T. Wynn-Thompson, J. S. Schwartz and F. D. Shields, Jr. 2014. Defining a stream restoration body of knowledge as a basis for national certification. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. 140(2), 123-36. doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)HY.1943-7900.0000814
- Baker, D. W., B. P. Bledsoe and J. Mueller Price. 2012. Nitrate uptake and transient storage over a gradient of geomorphic complexity, north-central Colorado, USA. Hydrological Processes 26:3241-52. doi: 10.1002/hyp.8385.
- Laub, B. G., Baker., D. W., Palmer, M. A. and Bledsoe, B. P. 2012. Range of variability of channel complexity in urban, restored and forested reference streams. Freshwater Biology 57(5), 1076–1095. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2427.2012.02763.x.
- Baker, D. W., B. P. Bledsoe, C. M. Albano and N. L. Poff, 2011. Downstream effects of diversion dams on sediment and hydraulic conditions of Rocky Mountain streams. River Research and Applications 27(3), 388–401. doi: 10.1002/rra.1376
- Cahoon, J., D. W. Baker and J. Carson, 2002. Factors for rating the condition of culverts for repair or replacement needs. Transportation Research Record No. 1814, Design of Structures: 197-202.
Manuscripts in Preparation
- Mueller Price, J., B. P. Bledsoe and D. W. Baker. In press. Effects of passive and structural stream restoration approaches on transient storage and nitrate uptake. River Research and Applications
- Bledsoe, B. P., D. W. Baker, K. Bestgen, N. L. Poff, and J. Shanahan. In prep. Ecological Response Model for the Cache la Poudre River, Colorado. Ecological Applications
- Baker, D. W., B. P. Bledsoe, and E. A. Carlson. In prep. Design and implementation of a hydrogeomorphic valley classification tool applied to rivers in the Western US. River Research and Applications.
- Mueller Price, J., B. P. Bledsoe and D. W. Baker In prep. Comparing transient storage and nitrate uptake among two restoration approaches in Colorado headwater streams. River Research and Applications.
- Bledsoe, B. P, Sholtes, J. A., and Baker, D. W. In prep. Wetland and River Restoration, In Handbook of Applied Hydrology. Singh, V. P (ed) McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Baker, D. W., 2009. Land use effects on physical habitat and nitrate uptake in small streams of the central rocky mountain region. Ph.D. Dissertation. Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO.
- Baker, D. W., 2001. Rating system for rural culvert crossing repair and maintenance. M.S. Thesis. Department of Civil Engineering. Montana State University, Bozeman, MT.
- Baker, D. W. and B. P. Bledsoe, In-prep. Project-Level Monitoring and Probabilistic Sampling and Study Design. In Riparian Monitoring Technical Guide for the Western US. USDA National Forest Service Riparian Technical Team (eds) U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Fort Collins, CO.