* Graduate student author where Bhaskar was the primary advisor
+ Graduate student author where Bhaskar was a committee member
^ Undergraduate student author
- Fillo, N.K.*, S. Bhaskar, A. J. Jefferson (2021), Lawn irrigation contributions to semi-arid urban baseflow based on water-stable isotopes, Water Resources Research, 57, e2020WR028777, doi: 10.1029/2020WR028777.
- Knight, K.L.*, G. Hou, S. Bhaskar, S. Chen (2021). Assessing the use of dual-drainage modeling to determine the effects of green stormwater infrastructure on roadway flooding and traffic performance. MDPI Water, 13(11), 1563, doi: 10.3390/w13111563.
- Shuster, W.D., L. Schifman, Kelleher, H.E. Golden, A.S. Bhaskar, A.J. Parolari, R.D. Stewart, D.L. Herrmann (2021). K in an Urban World: New Contexts for Hydraulic Conductivity. Journal of the American Water Resources Association doi: 10.1111/1752-1688.12918.
- Choat, B.E.* and S. Bhaskar (2020). Spatial Arrangement of Stormwater Infiltration Affects Subsurface Storage and Baseflow. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering. 25(11), doi:10.1061/(ASCE)HE.1943-5584.0002005. Editor’s Choice Article.
- Bell, C.D., J.M. Wolfand, C.L. Panos, S. Bhaskar, R.L. Gilliom, T.S. Hogue, K.G. Hopkins, and A.J. Jefferson (2020). Stormwater control impacts on runoff volume and peak flow: A meta-analysis of watershed modeling studies. Hydrological Processes, 34(14), 3134–3152, doi: 10.1002/hyp.13784.
- Bhaskar, A.S., K.G. Hopkins, B.K. Smith, T.A. Stephens, and A.J. Miller (2020). Hydrologic signals and surprises in U.S. streamflow records during urbanization. Water Resources Research, 56(9), e2019WR027039, doi: 1029/2019WR027039.
- Kampf, S.K., S.J. Burges, J.C. Hammond, S. Bhaskar, T.P. Covino, A. Eurich, H. Harrison, M. Lefsky, C. Martin, D. McGrath, K. Puntenney‐Desmond, K. Willi (2020). The case for an open water balance: Reenvisioning network design and data analysis for a complex, uncertain world. Water Resources Research, 56(6), e2019WR026699, doi: 10.1029/2019WR026699.
- Lurtz, M.R.+, R.R. Morrison, T.K. Gates, G.B. Senay, S. Bhaskar, D.G. Ketchum (2020). Relationships between riparian evapotranspiration and groundwater depth along a semi-arid irrigated river valley. Hydrological Processes, 34(8), 1714-1727, doi: 10.1002/hyp.13712.
- Hopkins, K.G., S. Bhaskar, S.A. Woznicki, and R.M. Fanelli (2020). Changes in Event-Based Streamflow Magnitude and Timing after Suburban Development with Infiltration-Based Stormwater Management. Hydrological Processes, 34(2), 387-403, doi: 10.1002/hyp.13593.
- Opalinski, N.F.*, S. Bhaskar, and D.T. Manning (2020). Spatial and Seasonal Response of Municipal Water Use to Weather across the Contiguous U.S. Journal of the American Water Resources Association (JAWRA), 56(1), 68-81, doi: 10.1111/1752-1688.12801.
- Stewart, R.D., S. Bhaskar, A.J. Parolari, D.L. Herrmann, J. Jian, L.A. Schifman, and W.D. Shuster (2019). An Analytical Approach to Ascertain Saturation-Excess versus Infiltration-Excess Overland Flow in Urban and Reference Landscapes. Hydrological Processes, 33(26), 3349-3363, doi: 10.1002/hyp.13562.
- Bhaskar, A.S., D.M. Hogan, J.R. Nimmo, and K.S. Perkins (2018). Groundwater Recharge amidst Focused Stormwater Infiltration. Hydrological Processes, 32(13), 2058-2068, doi: 1002/hyp.13137.
- Jefferson, A.J., S. Bhaskar, K.G. Hopkins, R. Fanelli, P.M. Avellaneda, and S.K. McMillan (2017), Effectiveness of stormwater management networks and implications for urban watershed function, Hydrological Processes, 31(23), 4056-4080, doi: 10.1002/hyp.11347.
- Bhaskar, A.S., C. Jantz, C. Welty, S.A. Drzyzga, and A.J. Miller, (2016), Coupling of the Water Cycle with Patterns of Urban Growth in the Baltimore Metropolitan Region, United States, Journal of the American Water Resources Association (JAWRA), 52(6), 1509-1523, doi:1111/1752-1688.12479.
- Bhaskar, A.S., D.M. Hogan, and S.A. Archfield, (2016), Urban base flow with Low Impact Development, Hydrological Processes, 30(18), 3156-4171, doi: 1002/hyp.10808.
- Bhaskar, A.S., Beesley, M.J. Burns, T.D. Fletcher, P. Hamel, C.E. Oldham, and A.H. Roy (2016), Will it rise or will it fall? Managing the diverse effects of urbanization on base flow, Freshwater Science, 35(1), 293-310, doi: 10.1086/685084.
- Bhaskar, A.S. and C. Welty (2015), Analysis of subsurface storage and streamflow generation in urban watersheds, Water Resources Research, 51(3), 1493-1513, doi: 1002/2014WR015607.
- Bhaskar, A.S., C. Welty, R.M. Maxwell, A.J. Miller (2015), Untangling the effects of urban development on subsurface storage in Baltimore, Water Resources Research, 51(2), 1158-1181, doi: 1002/2014WR016039.
- Bhaskar, A.S., J.W. Harvey, and E.J. Henry (2012), Resolving hyporheic and groundwater components of streambed water flux using heat as a tracer, Water Resources Research, 48, W08524, doi: 1029/2011WR011784.
- Bhaskar, A.S. and C. Welty (2012), Water Balances along an Urban-to-Rural Gradient of Metropolitan Baltimore, 2001-2009, Environmental and Engineering Geoscience. 18(1), 37-50, doi: 2113/gseegeosci.18.1.37.
- Neupauer, R.M., J.L. Wilson, and S. Bhaskar (2009), Forward and backward temporal probability distributions of sorbing solutes in groundwater, Water Resources Research, 45, W01420, doi:10.1029/2008WR007058.
Bhaskar, A.S. (2021). Data used in Assessing the Use of Dual-Drainage Modeling to Determine the Effects of Green Stormwater Infrastructure on Roadway Flooding and Traffic Performance, HydroShare, doi: 10.4211/hs.6d6216f4973c45b6be80b3ce5e3e6764
Bhaskar, A.S. (2020). Analysis codes to conduct Quantile-Kendall trend analysis across flow duration curve of streamflow in urbanizing watersheds across U.S., HydroShare, doi: 10.4211/hs.2279cac6748944d39035dacb6c2c8a85
Bhaskar, A.S. (2020). Data to support submission of “Lawn irrigation contributions to semi-arid urban baseflow based on water-stable isotopes”, HydroShare, http://www.hydroshare.org/resource/88bff690c1494e14a7ef90047eeff34a
Hopkins, K.G., A.S. Bhaskar, S.A. Woznicki, R.M. Fanelli (2019) Streamflow and precipitation event statistics for treatment, urban control, and forested control watersheds in Clarksburg, MD USA (2004-2018): U.S. Geological Survey data release: doi:10.5066/P9CGWUKT.
Bhaskar A.S., K. Knight*, S. Kampf, S. Zipper, G. Newman, S. Chen, G. Hou (2020), Patterns and Mitigation of Street Flooding in Denver, Colorado, Colorado Water Volume 37, Issue 3. Available at: https://watercenter.colostate.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/2020/12/ColoradoWaterV37December.pdf.
Groffman, P.M., L.E. Band, K.T. Belt, N.D. Bettez, A.S. Bhaskar, E. Doheny, J.M. Duncan, S.S. Kaushal, E.J. Rosi, C. Welty (2019), Applying the Watershed Approach to Urban Ecosystems, in Pickett, S.T.A., M.L. Cadenasso, J.M. Grove, E.J. Rosi, E.G. Irwin, and C.M. Swan, eds., Science for the Sustainable City: Empirical Insights from the Baltimore School of Urban Ecology. Yale University Press.
Bhaskar, A.S., M. Pavich, and J.M. Sharp, Jr. (2015), The hydrogeology of urbanization: The lost springs of Washington, D.C., late Tertiary and Quaternary sediments of D.C., and the Baltimore Long Term Ecological Research site (LTER), in Brezinski, D.K., Halka, J.P., and Ortt, R.A., Jr., eds., Tripping from the Fall Line: Field Excursions for the GSA Annual Meeting, Baltimore, 2015: Geological Society of America Field Guide 40, 499-517, doi: 10.1130/2015.0040(13).
Bhaskar, A.S. (2010), Getting Started with ParFlow: Dead Run, Baltimore, Maryland Example. UMBC/CUERE Technical Report 2010/002. University of Maryland Baltimore County, Center for Urban Environmental Research and Education. Available at http://www.umbc.edu/cuere/BaltimoreWTB/modeling.html.