Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, 2013
University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), Baltimore, MD
Sc.B., Environmental Geology-Physics/Math, 2008
Brown University, Providence, RI
- 2016 – present – Assistant Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Colorado State University
- 2014—2016 – NSF Earth Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Eastern Geographic Science Center, U.S. Geological Survey
- 2014—2014 – Postdoctoral Research Associate, Center for Urban Environmental Research and Education, UMBC
- 2008—2013 – Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Chemical, Biochemical, and Environmental Engineering, UMBC
- 2008—2010 – NSF Integrative Graduate Education and Research Trainee (IGERT) in “Water in the Urban Environment”, UMBC
- 2010—2011 – Hydrology Intern, National Research Program, U.S. Geological Survey
Bhaskar A.S., K. Knight*, S. Kampf, S. Zipper, G. Newman, S. Chen, G. Hou (2020), Patterns and Mitigation of Street Flooding in Denver, Colorado, Colorado Water Volume 37, Issue 3. Available at: https://watercenter.colostate.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/2020/12/ColoradoWaterV37December.pdf.
Groffman, P.M., L.E. Band, K.T. Belt, N.D. Bettez, A.S. Bhaskar, E. Doheny, J.M. Duncan, S.S. Kaushal, E.J. Rosi, C. Welty (2019), Applying the Watershed Approach to Urban Ecosystems, in Pickett, S.T.A., M.L. Cadenasso, J.M. Grove, E.J. Rosi, E.G. Irwin, and C.M. Swan, eds., Science for the Sustainable City: Empirical Insights from the Baltimore School of Urban Ecology. Yale University Press.
Bhaskar, A.S., M. Pavich, and J.M. Sharp, Jr. (2015), The hydrogeology of urbanization: The lost springs of Washington, D.C., late Tertiary and Quaternary sediments of D.C., and the Baltimore Long Term Ecological Research site (LTER), in Brezinski, D.K., Halka, J.P., and Ortt, R.A., Jr., eds., Tripping from the Fall Line: Field Excursions for the GSA Annual Meeting, Baltimore, 2015: Geological Society of America Field Guide 40, 499-517, doi: 10.1130/2015.0040(13).
Bhaskar, A.S. (2010), Getting Started with ParFlow: Dead Run, Baltimore, Maryland Example. UMBC/CUERE Technical Report 2010/002. University of Maryland Baltimore County, Center for Urban Environmental Research and Education. Available at http://www.umbc.edu/cuere/BaltimoreWTB/modeling.html.