The Official Function Form is necessary for all purchases involving food, beverages, event costs, recruiting of faculty or students, training, promotion or development activities.
Official functions must produce a primary benefit to the University and all costs must be reasonable and necessary.
Common reasons for having an official function include:
- Extending contact to include normal mealtimes
- Creating an atmosphere necessary to attain the goal
- Encouraging event participation to attain the goal
- Enhancing social interactions to build community
- Rewarding outstanding performance
- Providing a forum to raise awareness of an issue
- Providing an opportunity to welcome visitors
The Capital Equipment Supplement form is required when:
- Purchasing a single item over $5000 or;
- Combined multiple items creating one system over $5000 or;
- Software with a total cost over $5,000 with a useful life of more than one year