John Mehaffy is a lab manager and exposure assessment specialist in Dr. Volckens’ group. In addition to general lab upkeep and purchasing, John is responsible for air sample collection and analysis, chamber testing for equipment design and validation, and human subject research testing.
John received Bachelor and Master degrees from the University of Iowa and a Master of Science in Business Administration from Colorado State University. He began as a Research Associate at CSU in 2003 in the Department of Environmental and Radiological Health Science, and joined Dr. Volckens’ team in 2014. He has contributed to completion of numerous large grant projects involving various settings with occupational and environmental air sampling. He has performed health outcome testing with human subjects, sample analysis and testing including bioassays, chemical and elemental analysis, and has performed a variety of testing in aerosol test chambers.
- M.S. 2011, Colorado State University—Business Administration—Financial Risk Management
- Technical Paper: “Relationship of the TED spread and market returns.”
- M.S. 2002, University of Iowa—Industrial Hygiene
- Thesis: “Characterization of a novel human exposure apparatus.”
- B.S. 2000, University of Iowa—Environmental Science