FAQ & Important Dates
for Undergraduate Students
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is my advisor?
Your advisor is assigned based on your last name.
- Toni-Lee Viney, Manager of Undergraduate Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org, Students Last Name: A-B
- Star Sullivan, Undergraduate Academic Advisor, email@example.com, Students Last Name: C-L; Int’l Students
- Angelica Hernandez, Undergraduate Academic Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org, Students Last Name: M-Z; Int’l Students
- How can I meet with my advisor?
- Please check in using the front desk kiosk by entering your CSU ID number or swiping your RamCard in the card reader. Once you’ve checked in, have a seat and an advisor will be out to get you at your scheduled appointment or drop-in time.
- OFFICE HOURS: You do not need an appointment to visit with your advisor during office hours. During the first week, your advisor will have their office hours posted at the Mechanical Engineering Department front desk, on the MESA bulletin board, and outside their office door. For office hours, the time will be dedicated to addressing questions about this current semester only. These sessions are designed to make sure that you are able to ask your advisor time-sensitive questions about this current semester.
- DROP-INS: Monday–Friday throughout the Semester (Excluding Breaks)
- This is a time for students to get “quick questions” answered by an advisor. Please be sure to check in for drop-ins using the front desk kiosk by entering your CSU ID number or swiping your RamCard. Topics appropriate for drop-ins include overrides, forms, needing signatures, and other “quick questions” (should take no more than 10 minutes).
- ADVISING APPOINTMENTS: Please e-mail your advisor to schedule an appointment to discuss at graduation planning, semester schedule planning, receive advising codes, and to talk through strategies for academic success.
- How do I get my advising code?
The only way to receive your advising code is during an advising appointment with your advisor. When you schedule an advising appointment, your advisor takes time to carefully review your records to make sure you are on track. Please note that drop-ins are not an opportunity to provide you with your advising code but instead to assist you with quick questions that may come up throughout the semester. Advising codes are not available via email, or a MESA student ambassador.
- If my advisor is not available, can I see one of the other advisors?
Yes, but only for general questions during drop-ins. If you have specific questions regarding your graduation plan it is best that you see your assigned advisor. They have your current student records and know more about your plan. Another advisor wouldn’t be able to adequately help you with issues regarding your graduation plan.
- How should I contact my advisor?
The best way to reach your advisor is via email. Calling may be more difficult as your advisor is most likely in a student appointment and cannot answer the phone.
- January 22, 2019 – Classes begin
- March 1, 2019 – CSU Scholarship Application (CSUSA) deadline at 11pm (MST)
- March 16-24, 2019 – Spring Recess
- March 25, 2019 – Repeat Delete eForms due; Last day to withdraw from a course
- March 26, 2019 – Summer Registration Opens
- December 10 – Classes end; Last day to submit a university withdrawal
For other important dates, please visit the Registrar’s Office Important Dates page.