Dr. Samuel Bechara
Associate Professor of Practice
Dr. Bechara received his B.S. in Bioengineering from Washington State University in 2008 and his PhD in Biomedical Engineering from Colorado State University in 2012.
Prior to his appointment at CSU, Dr. Bechara founded a technology company, Hyperion Labs, worked as an AP Physics high school physics teacher and FIRST robotics coach in Tacoma, Washington, and most recently was the Assistant Chair and Lecturer in the Biomedical Engineering Department of the Medical College of Wisconsin and Marquette University joint department.
Dr. Bechara loves working with undergraduate students and is interested in engineering education research and effective teaching methods.
- Ph.D. 2012, Colorado State University — Biomedical Engineering
- B.S. 2008, Washington State University — Bioengineering
- Implicit Bias in Engineering
- Sex Differences in Student Performance and Confidence
- Effective Teaching Methods
- Engineering Education Pedagogy
- Long Term Effects of Study Abroad Education
Honors and Awards
- 2013, William Dahlgren Teaching Excellence Award
- 2013, Anthony Falcone Teaching Excellence Award
- 2019, Engineering College Council “Too Smart For His Own Good” Award
- 2019, RMS ASEE Best Presentation Award