Graduate Program Application
Required Application Screening
Before you pay for the Admissions process, the ECE department will evaluate your eligibility for admission.
Please carefully review the steps below.
Determining Eligibility for Admission
- Before paying an application fee, start by uploading your unofficial documents (transcripts, and English Proficiency scores, if applicable) via the Online Graduate Application. Please note: for spring 2021 and fall 2021 applicants, reporting GRE scores is optional. If you feel your GRE scores enhance your application, you may include them.
- After the unofficial documents have been uploaded, the ECE graduate committee will then review your materials and determine if you are eligible for admission; applications are verified and prescreened year-round.
- If you are eligible for admission, you will receive a message from the ECE department directing you to pay the application fee and have your official transcripts and score reports sent to CSU's Admissions Office.
- If you are not eligible for admission, you will not be charged an admission fee and your application will be automatically withdrawn.
- If you choose to pay the application fee before being notified of admission, you are welcome to do so but if you do not meet admission requirements your application fee will not be refunded.
International Students - Additional Requirements
- To be eligible for admission, the department requires the equivalent of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Students are exempted from the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE requirement if the official language of their country is English or if they have recently earned a degree at an American university.
- Applicants must demonstrate a high level of English proficiency. Either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing Service), or PTE (Pearson Test of English) academic exam is required. Applicants from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and Zambia whose first language is English are exempt from this requirement. Students who have recently earned a degree at an American university are also exempt.
Recommended Application Deadlines
The ECE department follows a rolling admissions process, meaning we evaluate applications as they are received versus waiting to review all applications after a hard deadline. Students studying on a visa should allow at least three months for visas to be issued.
|Term||Admission & Financial Support Deadline
|Fall||January 15 for M.S.-Thesis and Ph.D. / February 1 for M.E. and M.S. Coursework
|Spring||August 15 for M.S.-Thesis and Ph.D. / September 1 for M.E. and M.S. Coursework
For ECE admission questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.