Graduate Program Application
Required Application Screening
Before you pay for the Admissions process, our department will evaluate your eligibility for admission.
Please refer to the information below before proceeding with the application. Only persons with bachelor's degrees from accredited colleges or universities are eligible to apply. International students must hold degrees equivalent to U.S. bachelor's degrees, and should be among the top students in their classes. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology (BSEET) degrees are not accepted.
Please note, the department cannot accommodate all applicants who meet minimum requirements for admission and reserves the right to select individuals for admission on the basis of merit and to maximize the potential for individual accomplishments.
Applications are prescreened and verified by the department year round.
- You will start with uploading unofficial documents (transcripts, GRE, if applicable English Proficiency scores) which will be reviewed by the ECE Graduate Committee.
- Determine if you are eligible for admission to the ECE Department without paying an application fee.
- If you are eligible for admission, you will receive a message directing you to pay the application fee, and have your official transcripts and score reports sent to CSU's Admissions Office.
- If you are not eligible for admission, you will not be charged an admission fee, and your application will be automatically withdrawn.
- If you choose to pay the application fee before you are directed to do so, you are welcome to do so but if you do not meet admission requirements your application fee will not be refunded.
International Students - Additional Requirements
- If your institution uses any other scale, you must convert your GPA to a 4.0 scale using the International Grade Conversion Tool. (A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1)
- TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic Scores: Students are exempted from the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE requirement if the official language of their country is English or if they have recently earned a degree at an American University.
- Applicants must demonstrate a high level of English proficiency. Either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing Service), or PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic exam is required. Applicants from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and Zambia whose first language is English are exempt from this requirement. Students who have recently earned a degree at an American university are exempt.
Recommended Application Deadlines
|Term||Admission & Financial Support Deadline
|Fall||January 15 for MS-Thesis and Ph.D. / February 1 for ME and MS Coursework
|Spring||August 15 for MS-Thesis and Ph.D. / September 1 for ME and MS Coursework
For ECE admission questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.