Accelerated B.S./Master's Program (IDP+)
The Accelerated B.S./M.S. program allows you to take the fast track to a master’s degree and earn graduate credits while completing upper division bachelor’s degree requirements.
Students with strong scholarly and/or research interests may apply for admission to a combined bachelor's and master’s degree program to begin their graduate program during senior year of undergraduate study. Students who are accepted into this program have the GRE requirement waived and are allowed to apply credits of 500-level course work toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees. Before applying to this program, interested students should review the ECE Graduate Student Handbook. Please read all sections of this document.
- Must be enrolled in bachelor’s degree in electrical or computer engineering
- Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or better
- Grades of B or better in ECE311, ECE331, and ECE341 (electrical engineering concentration)
- Grades of B or better in ECE311, ECE331, and ECE451 (computer engineering concentration)
- Completed 75 credits of course work toward the undergraduate degree
How to Apply:
- Go to the Graduate School Online Application
- Choose "First Time Users"
- On the Program page where you select your desired program, click the box at the bottom of the page to choose Integrated Degree Program Plus (IDP+).
- Follow all the prompts in the application. You will provide:
- Statement of purpose, which should include:
- statement regarding your educational goals
- summary of long-term professional and personal goals
- statement indicating how participating in the combined degree program will contribute to your long-term goals
- Contact information for the three people you have asked to write letters of recommendation. These should be from faculty members and can include an internship supervisor.
- You will not need to provide official transcripts since your transcripts are on record with CSU.
When to Apply:
- Generally, IDP+ candidates apply during the fall semester of the senior year for graduate admission the following spring.
- Applicants should submit all materials by July 15 for admission during the fall semester, November 15 for admission during the spring semester.
- Applications that pass departmental review are forwarded to the Graduate School for final evaluation. Students who are admitted to the IDP+ program are notified by the Graduate School via email.
- If accepted, IDP+ students should schedule a meeting with the ECE Graduate Advisor before or during the first week of the semester for required paperwork.
- Students pursuing the MS Plan A degree (thesis) should have a commitment from an electrical and computer engineering faculty member to serve as their graduate advisor.