Student Counseling Services
I encourage students to make use of the University Counseling Services. Just as you take care of your physical health, you should also take care of your mental health using all tools and means at your disposal. Your student fees provide access to a wide range of mental health support resources at no additional cost. Visit Counseling Services on the 3rd floor of the Health & Medical Center, and they’ll work together with you to find the resources that are best for you.
Please access Canvas for all required resources for the course. A few are listed below:
1. MARS: MIPS Assembler and Runtime Simulator
- MARS: free, self-contained tool for substantial subset of MIPS assembly language we’ll be studying.
2. MIPS Assembly Documentation and Tutorials
- A pretty good tutorial introduction by Daniel J Ellard.
- MIPS32 Architecture Volume 1: Intro to the MIPS32 Architecture (somewhat low-level descriptions)
- MIPS32 Architecture Volume 2: The MIPS32 Instruction Set (very good descriptions of all the MIPS32 instructions)
- MIPS32 Architecture Volume 3: The MIPS32 Privileged Resource Architecture (probably far more than you’ll need to know)
- Categorized list of the basic MIPS instructions (according to MARS)