1. MARS: MIPS Assembler and Runtime Simulator
- MARS: free, self-contained tool for substantial subset of MIPS assembly language we’ll be studying.
2. MIPS Assembly Documentation and Tutorials
- A pretty good tutorial introduction by Daniel J Ellard.
- MIPS32 Architecture Volume 1: Intro to the MIPS32 Architecture (somewhat low-level descriptions)
- MIPS32 Architecture Volume 2: The MIPS32 Instruction Set (very good descriptions of all the MIPS32 instructions)
- MIPS32 Architecture Volume 3: The MIPS32 Privileged Resource Architecture (probably far more than you’ll need to know)
- Categorized list of the basic MIPS instructions (according to MARS)