|Professor, Chair of Computer Engineering (CV)
Director, Embedded Systems and High Performance Computing (EPiC) Lab
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Department of Computer Science (Joint appointment)
Department of Systems Engineering (Joint appointment)
Office: B119 Engineering Email: email@example.com
Sudeep Pasricha is a Walter Scott Jr. College of Engineering Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, the Department of Computer Science, and the Department of Systems Engineering at Colorado State University. He is Director of the Embedded Systems and High Performance Computing (EPiC) Laboratory and the Chair of Computer Engineering.
Short Bio: Prof. Pasricha received the B.E. degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Delhi Institute of Technology, India, in 2000, and his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of California, Irvine in 2008. He joined Colorado State University (CSU) in 2008. Prior to joining CSU, he spent several years working in STMicroelectronics and Conexant Inc. He has received more than $5M in funding for his research from various sponsors such as the NSF, SRC, AFOSR, ORNL, DoD, Fiat-Chrysler, and NASA. He has written a book and published close to 200 research articles in peer-reviewed conferences and journals that have received more than 3000 citations. He has also organized numerous special sessions and tutorials on his research areas at premier conferences (e.g., DATE, MICRO). His contributions have been recognized with several awards for research excellence. He has graduated 10 Ph.D. and 25 M.S students. He is a Senior Member of the IEEE (Computer Society) and ACM. His academic lineage can be found here.
Research Interests: Prof. Pasricha’s research interests are broadly in the areas of embedded systems, Internet-of-Things (IoT), and mobile computing, with a focus on designing new software algorithms (for scheduling, exploration, and optimization), hardware architectures (with emerging technologies such as silicon photonics, PCM/magnetic/memristive RAM, and 2.5D/3D ICs), and hardware-software co-design for energy-efficient, fault-resilient, real-time, and secure computing. Other topics of interest include 1) deep learning for autonomous driving (sensor fusion, perception, localization) and cyber-physical systems; 2) design and optimization of high performance computing platforms (datacenters, exascale supercomputers); and 3) application of computing and gaming to occupational therapy and medical sciences. Some details of ongoing and past research projects can be found here. Selected videos from these projects can be found here.
Awards: Prof. Pasricha has received several fellowships and awards for excellence in research and teaching. He has been recognized with 7 Best Paper Awards at the ACM/IEEE NOCS 2018, ACM GLSVLSI 2018, ACM SLIP 2016, ACM GLSVLSI 2015, IEEE AICCSA 2011, IEEE ISQED 2010 and ACM/IEEE ASPDAC 2006 conferences and several Best Paper nominations. Other notable awards include: the 2019 ACM SIGDA Distinguished Service Award, the 2016-2018 University Distinguished Monfort Professorship, 2016-2019 Walter Scott Jr. College of Engineering Rockwell-Anderson Professorship, 2018 IEEE-CS/TCVLSI mid-career research Achievement Award, the 2015 IEEE/TCSC Award for Excellence for a mid-career researcher, the 2014 George T. Abell Outstanding mid-career faculty award, and the 2013 AFOSR Young Investigator Award.
Professional Service: Prof. Pasricha is currently a Senior Associate Editor for the ACM Journal of Emerging Technologies in Computing (JETC), and an Associate Editor for the ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS), IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (TCAD), IEEE Consumer Electronics (CM), IEEE Design & Test of Computers (D&T), and the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC). He is currently or has been an Organizing Committee Member of several IEEE/ACM conferences such as DAC, ESWEEK, ICCAD, GLSVLSI, NOCS, RTCSA, AICCSA, MWCAS, ICECS and ICCAD. He has served as the General Chair for the 2017 IEEE ICESS, 2018 IEEE IGSC, and the 2018 IEEE iSES conferences. He has also served as the Program Chair for multiple conferences including the 2017 IEEE IGSC, 2017 IEEE iNIS, 2018 IEEE VLSID, 2018 IEEE HCW, and the 2018 IEEE/ACM CODES+ISSS conferences, as well as the 2018 DAC PhD Forum. He is currently serving as the General Chair for the 2019 IEEE HCW workshop and the Program Chair for the 2019 IEEE/ACM CODES+ISSS and the 2019 IEEE/ACM NOCS conferences. He is also in the Technical Program Committee of several IEEE/ACM conferences such as DAC, DATE, ICCAD, ICCD, IPDPS, CODES+ISSS, ISQED, NOCS, NoCArc, VLSID, IGCC, and GLSVLSI conferences. He holds an affiliate faculty member position at the Center for Embedded and Cyber-Physical Systems at UC Irvine. He has also received multiple awards for professional service, including the 2015 ACM SIGDA Service Award and the 2012 ACM SIGDA Technical Leadership Award.
Note for Graduate Students:
I have multiple PhD positions available in my lab. In particular, I am looking for students to work on projects related to silicon photonic networks, mobile indoor navigation, autonomous driving systems, and multicore security. See here for more details.
Recent News (~past year):
- Sep 2019: Saideep’s paper on secure indoor localization accepted in ACM TECS journal
- Sep 2019: I am giving an invited panel talk on ‘Green Computing with Geo-Distributed Datacenters’ at IEEE IGSC 2019
- Aug 2019: Vipin’s paper accepted into ACM TODAES journal
- Jul 2019: Congrats to Yaswanth for successfully defending his PhD thesis!
- Jul 2019: Congrats to Blake for successfully defending his MS thesis!
- Jun 2019: Saideep receives the Best Poster Award at the IEEE/ACM DAC PhD Forum 2019
- May 2019: I will receive the 2019 ACM SIGDA Distinguished Service Award at IEEE/ACM DAC 2019 [CSU Source]
- May 2019: I have been promoted to Full Professor, effective July 1, 2019
- May 2019: I gave a talk on “Energy Challenges with Computing: from Internet-of-Things to Datacenters” at the Energy Institute
- Apr 2019: Saideep’s paper accepted at IEEE ICESS 2019
- Apr 2019: Swapnil’s paper accepted at IEEE ICESS 2019
- Feb 2019: Yaswanth’s paper accepted at IEEE/ACM DAC 2019
- Jan 2019: I am serving as the Technical Program Chair for the IEEE/ACM NOCS 2019 conference
- Jan 2019: I am serving as the Technical Program Chair for the ACM/IEEE CODES+ISSS 2019 conference
- Jan 2019: Saideep’s paper accepted in IEEE Design & Test journal
- Nov 2018: I am giving a distinguished seminar at WSU on “Smart Software for the Internet of Future Things“
- Oct 2018: I am the ECE faculty lead on the new 4-year Ecocar4 Mobility Competition [CSU Source]
- Oct 2018: Yaswanth’s paper receives the Best Paper Award at the IEEE/ACM NOCS 2018
- Oct 2018: I gave a talk on ‘Internet of Future Things’ at the Politecnico di Torino
- Sep 2018: Jordan’s paper accepted in SAE Journal of Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Sep 2018: Selected for Researcher Spotlight, ACM SIGDA Newsletter, Sep 2018
- Sep 2018: Research on indoor navigation features in IEEE Signal Processing magazine
- Sep 2018: Congrats to Yaswanth for passing his PhD prelim exam!
- Sep 2018: Yaswanth’s paper accepted in IEEE TMSCS journal
Older News Items can be found here