Development of next-generation multi-scale sustainable, resilient and smart transportation system under hazardous and adverse conditions
Simulation-based traffic safety and congestion prediction under adverse driving conditions
- Vehicle dynamics modeling and crash simulation;
- Integrated traffic flow, safety and network simulation;
- Characterization and incorporation of driving behavior and disrupted infrastructure in adverse driving conditions.
Data-based traffic safety and congestion prediction under adverse driving conditions
- Advanced statistical approach to understand traffic safety performance with refined-scale models;
- Injury severity study and intervention techniques to promote safer driving experience.
Traffic network simulation and resilience study
- Traffic network simulation and assignment study of disrupted traffic system under hazardous conditions;
- Risk-based optimization framework for traffic network incorporating advances on simulation-based and data-based safety research.
Driving behavior characterization and ITS technology application on highway networks
- Driving behavior characterization based on experiments and data mining;
- ITS solutions to improve adaptive speed limit, evacuation, law enforcement and traffic management;
- Connected vehicle and autonomous algorithms in adverse conditions.