are links to different categories of online narrated video demonstrations that illustrate
engineering and physics principles and devices.
The videos are Windows Media files.
They are best viewed using Internet Explorer and the Windows Media Player.
Click on the icon below if you wish to download the latest free player.
Dr. Dave's Hall of Fame:
high voltage disconnect switch, inverted pendulum control, internal combustion (IC) engine 4-stroke cycle, computer hard-drive (components, track seeking, super-slow motion), servomotor PID control, dc motor components, guitar harmonics and chords, piano harmonics and spectra, vibration isolation platform experiment, tuning fork (vibration, modal analysis, sound waveform, spectral analysis), bowling pin sweep and set mechanisms, bowling pin distributor mechanisms, old washing machine mechanisms, billiards jump shot, billiards 30° rule, billiards power draw, billiards CIT and SIT, billiards famous trick shots, toy physics (tumbling cat, woodpecker, duck)
- Aviation (aviation-related images and videos)
- Engineering TV (tradeshow highlights, product demos, tutorials)
- Hands-on mechanics (in-class teaching demos)
- High-speed video clips
- KhanAcademy (online lectures on various topics)
- Live Science (science, technology, health, environment images and videos)
- Mathpages.com (interesting math-related animations)
- MIT Open CourseWare (free online courses)
- Physics demonstration online resources
- Physics demos (Wake Forest University)
- Physics Flash animations (University of Toronto)
- Space (space images and videos)
- TED talks (ideas worth spreading)
- Wolfram mechanical engineering project simulation