- How to Purchase and Install Mathcad
Instructions for purchasing and installing Mathcad under Windows (if you have a Mac, you first need to follow the Mac instructions):
NOTE - Follow all of the steps below very carefully, and don't forget step 4!!!
- Purchase your discounted Mathcad Prime 3.1 license online at: store.ptc.com/csu102. The cost for electronic download is $35. Be very careful when entering your e-mail address. If a price higher than $35 appears during the process, ignore it. When you get to the point where you enter a credit card, the final price should be $35.
- Your will receive a confirmation e-mail with the required Product Code (AKA "Digital Rights" code). If you entered your e-mail address incorrectly, you will not receive this message and you will need to contact PTC.
- Here is an Installation Guide that you might find helpful.
- You will need to enter the product code ("digital rights" code) provided in the PTC e-mail to activate your license. A product code can be used only one time. Here's a video demonstrating how to activate your license. If you don't activate your license, you won't have access to all Mathcad functionality.
If you see any error messages during the installation, please refer to the following file for advice: Common Mathcad Installation Errors.
If you still have issues, send an e-mail to the following address fully explaining your difficulty: firstname.lastname@example.org. They should be able to resolve any issues that come up. Be sure to include a link to this page in your e-mail message.
If you are still having trouble, visit the Central IT Technical Support Help Desk located on the 1st floor of the Morgan Library just west of the Loan and Reserve Desk. They can also be reached by phone (970-491-7276) or e-mail (email@example.com). They provide student personal computer support.