- CSU Engineering College Council "Best Dressed Professor" Award, 2018.
- CSU Engineering College Council "Golden Screw" Award for Most Challenging Professor, 2016, 2014.
- Waterpik Excellence in Education Award, 2013.
- CSU Engineering College Council "Best Professor" Award, 2013.
- ElectricalEngineeringSchools.org Top 20 Mechatronics and Robotics Website Award, 2013.
- CSU Engineering College Council "Best Professor" Award, 2010.
- ASME Fellow, 2007.
- ASME Distinguished Lecturer, 2004-2007.
Mortar Board "Breakfast with the Brass" Outstanding Faculty Member recognition,
- Department of Homeland Security (Coast Guard Academy) Certificate
of Appreciation for promotion and development of Mechanical Engineering, 2005.
game (300) in bowling, November 29, 2004.
- CSU university-wide Board of
Governors "Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award" (the highest
teaching award in the university), 2004.
- CSU university-wide Preston Davis
Teaching Award, 2003.
- CSU Pi-Tau-Sigma Purple Shaft Award, 2001.
- ASME Student Sections Committee Dedicated Service Award, 2000.
Ten Cool Sites Award for Educational Excellence, 2000.
- Office of Technical
Services (Washington, DC) Outstanding Service Award, 1999.
- Frank Netter
Award for Special Contributions to Medical Education, with Tom McCracken, Tom
Spurgeon, and Rick Miranda, 1997.
- CSU pi-tau-sigma Purple Shaft Award,
- ASME Leadership Development Initiative (LDI) intern, 1995-1996.
- ASME Region XII Most Outstanding Faculty Advisor, 1995.
- CSU College of
Engineering Abell Faculty Teaching Award, 1995.
- ASME Student Section
Dedicated Service Award, 1995.
- ASME Region XII Most Outstanding Faculty
- Most Outstanding Mechanical Engineering Advisor Award,
- CSU College of Engineering Jack E. Cermak Advising Award, 1994.
Professional Engineer Registration, Colorado, 1993.
- ASME Region XII Most
Outstanding Faculty Advisor, 1993.
- CSU Most Outstanding Mechanical Engineering
Professor Award, 1993.
- CSU Most Outstanding Mechanical Engineering Advisor
- ASME Region XII Dedicated Service Award, 1993.
- UT Post Doctoral Fellow, 1990.
- UT Professional Development Award, 1988.
- 4.00 GPA throughout graduate school, 1986-1989.
- GRE Engineering Subject
Test Perfect Score (900), 1986.
- UNO Magna Cum Laude graduate, 1986.
College of Engineering Dean's Award (single college-wide award), 1986.
Homer L. Hitt Student Athlete Award (single university-wide award), 1986.