Engineering Network Services - CSU
- Request an account by emailing email@example.com. This user account is separate from your Engineering account.
- Once you receive an account, connect to the submit host for the cluster.
- Write your code or create input files for the applications you wish to use.
- Write a submit file to submit the job.
- Submit the job using the qsub command.
- (Optional) Check the status of the job while its running using the qstat command.
- (Optional) Log out, and your job will continue to run.
- Check your output.
Try it yourself!
Connect to the cluster and then enter the commands below to submit a simple test Matlab job.
module load apps/matlab
mkdir ~/my_matlab_job && cd ~/my_matlab_job
cp /usr/local/examples/matlab/* ~/my_matlab_job
That's it. Check out my_matlab_output.txt for results. You can use the files copied as a starting point, or find more examples by navigating to
on the cluster.
This document last modified Monday March 12, 2018