Engineering Network Services - CSU
Web Print Feature
About the Web Print Feature
If you want to connect to a lab printer from your personal computer, you may use the Web Print feature. This feature should work in the following cases:
- Using a laptop or iPad while connected to the CSU wireless
- Using a desktop or laptop off-campus while connected to the Engineering VPN
You should NOT use this method if you are on-campus using a computer that is connected to the Engineering domain. In that case, you can connect to a printer directly.
The Web Print feature essentially allows you to upload a document to the web printer, which will then print the document to the printer of your choice. There are certain limitations:
- Only certain document types are supported. If necessary, convert your document to a PDF document using a PDF document creator (such as Adobe Acrobat Pro or the free doPDF).
- Only a small subset of the ENS lab printers are available. These printers are listed on the Web Print web site.
- Your document will always print duplex.
Please note that this method of printing will use your regular print quota.
How to Use the Web Print Feature
- Navigate to the Web Print web page.
- If you see a message that reports that the site is not trusted, you will need to trust it anyway in order to continue. (Trust us!)
- Enter your Engineering login name and password at the login page.
- When the site is finished loading, you will see a navigation bar on the left side. From that menu, select "Web Print".
- Follow the instructions on the screen to print your document.
This document last modified Tuesday August 26, 2014