Engineering Business Office - Business Support Services
The University recognizes that certain promotion and development activities are required to fulfill University objectives. However, as an entity of the State, it is critical to recognize the sensitivity to the perception of abuse or misuse of public resources and the very open nature of our financial records. Therefore, adequate explanation is an absolute requirement to document and justify these types of expenditures.
There are essentially two criteria that must be met in order for the expenses to be allowable:
- The activity must produce a primary benefit to the University
- All costs must be reasonable and necessary
Official functions (regardless of cost) involve one or more of the following: Food, beverages, event costs, recruiting of faculty or students, training, promotion or development activities.
Official Function Form (fillable PDF)
- Use this form in conjunction with the Purchasing Request Form or PCARD purchases when necessary.
- See Requirements and Guidelines for Serving Alcoholic Beverages and required Application to Serve Alcoholic Beverages. (This application must be completed no later than 10 days prior to the event.)
- To avoid delays, fill in the form as completely as possible.
- See Non-Allowable Expenses on 5-3 accounts.
Return all completed forms to EBO Business Support Services. Forms may be dropped off in Room AR202, sent via campus mail using Campus Delivery 1301, or emailed.