EUV/ERC REU 2015 Applications
The 2015 EUV ERC REU program will run from June 1st through August 7th at all 3 locations: The University of California at Berkeley, The University of Colorado at Boulder and Colorado State, Fort Collins. For more information about the program and research topics at each site, please see http://euverc.colostate.edu/education/REU/REU.shtml. Applicants are highly encouraged to review the research to see if their research interests are aligned with the EUV ERC. Applicants will be considered on a rolling admission basis with a final deadline of February 28th 2015.
1. U.S. citizen or permanent resident
2. GPA of 2.8 or greater (out of 4)
3. Rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior
4. The EUV ERC encourages students from underrepresented minority groups to apply. You are encouraged to include this information in your application but it is not required
To be considered for the program, please complete the application. You will need to upload the following 3 documents (PDF prefered):
1. Academic Transcript
2. Letter of Recommendation** (From a faculty member)
3. Statement of Purpose (See description below)
**The letter of recommendation can either be uploaded at this site or, sent to Dr. Kaarin Goncz firstname.lastname@example.org. If the letter is sent via email, please upload a document that states that the letter has been sent via email in its place
Staement of Purpose: Describe (on 1-2 typed pages) your interest in the EUV Center REU program. Explain why you wish to participate in the program, what you hope to gain, and how this research experience will help you achieve your academic and career goals. Your statement should also include a description of:
• Your specific research interests
• Any relevant research experience you have had in an academic or work setting
• Your goals beyond earning a baccalaureate degree (i.e. do you plan on attending graduate school)
• A statement about how you would benefit both the program and its participants
• Your preferred research site (CSU, UC Berkeley or CU Boulder) if applicable
Please note that the statement of purpose is one of the most important parts of your application. Successful applicants demonstrate a general understanding of research conducted at the Center and can express a particular interest in one or more particular areas of study.
|Event Begins:||Jan 1st, 2015|
|Event Ends:||11:00 PM on Saturday, Feb 28th, 2015|
|Event Location:||EUV ERC - Colorado State University, Univ. of Colorado - Boulder, Univ. of California - Berkeley (Map)|
|Contact:||Dr. Kaarin Goncz|
Fields in red are required.