EUV/ERC REU 2018 Applications
The 2018 EUV ERC REU program will run from May 22nd through August 3rd, 2018, at both locations: The University of California at Berkeley and Colorado State University, Fort Collins. For more information about the program and research topics at each site, please see http://euverc.colostate.edu/education/REU/REU.shtml. Applicants are highly encouraged to review the research to see if their research interests are aligned with those of the EUV ERC. Applicantions will be reviewed immediately AFTER the final deadline of February 15th, 2018, at 5:00 PM MST.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 15th, 2018, 5:00 PM MST.
1. U.S. citizen or permanent resident
2. GPA of 2.8 or greater (out of 4)
3. Rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior
4. The EUV ERC encourages students from underrepresented minority groups to apply. You are encouraged to include this information in your application but it is not required
To be considered for the program, please complete the application. You will need to upload the following 2 required documents (PDF prefered):
1. Academic Transcript
2. Statement of Purpose (See description below)
One (1) (only 1) letter of recommendation is also required. The letter of recommendation must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received before February 15, 2018, at 5:00 PM MST.
Statement of Purpose: Describe (on 1-2 typed pages) your interest in the EUV Center REU program. Explain why you wish to participate in the program, what you hope to gain, and how this research experience will help you achieve your academic and career goals. Your statement should also include a description of:
• Your specific research interests
• Any relevant research experience you have had in an academic or work setting
• Your goals beyond earning a baccalaureate degree (i.e. do you plan on attending graduate school)
• A statement about how you would benefit both the program and its participants
• Your preferred research site (CSU or UC Berkeley) if applicable
Please note that the statement of purpose is one of the most important parts of your application. Successful applicants demonstrate a general understanding of research conducted at the Center and can express a particular interest in one or more particular areas of study. Although reviewers will consider your location preferrance, we cannot guarntee that you will receive your first choice. The primary reason for assigning a location is that of matching the participant to the research subject.
|Event Begins:||Dec 15th, 2017|
|Event Ends:||5:00 PM on Thursday, Feb 15th, 2018|
|Event Location:||EUV ERC - Colorado State University or Univ. of California - Berkeley (Map)|
Fields in red are required.