Graduate School Admission Requirements
Graduate Program Admission Requirements
The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering welcomes both domestic and international applications from well-qualified students. Competitive applicants will have:
- An undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering or a closely related engineering or science discipline.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.5/4.0 or higher is preferred. Applicants with a GPA between 3.0/4.0 and 3.5/4.0 can also be considered for admission. (A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 is required by the Graduate School.)
- GRE scores in the top quartile
Colorado State University requires that proficiency in English language be demonstrated either by the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic tests prior to admissions. The minimum TOEFL score for admission without condition is 550 (paper -based), or 80 (internet-based). The minimum IELTS score for admission without condition is 6.5. The minimum PTE Academic score for admission without condition is 58. Official scores, taken within two years prior to admission, must be submitted directly from the testing agency. When the CSU graduate degree program is taught in the student’s native language, the TOEFL, IELTS, or the PTE Academic requirement will be waived. Students are exempted from the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic requirement if the official language of their country is English or if they have recently earned a degree at an American university.
If you have questions regarding graduate study in Chemical and Biological Engineering at CSU, please see the Frequently Asked Questions at the Graduate Program Info link at the right. You can also direct enquiries to the Graduate Adviser. Individual faculty do not respond to requests for information unless they are directed through the email address listed above. Please do not send application materials directly to faculty for their review. Faculty cannot review materials from applicants who do not complete an application.
All applications to the graduate program must be made online through the graduate school website: Graduate School application.
Submit Application Materials
After submitting your online application and paying your application fee, begin submitting your supporting materials to complete your application.
- Upload a variety of supporting documents directly to your application.
- To submit official transcripts, contact your previous institutions to request they submit official transcripts to Colorado State University (use institution code 4075).
- To submit test scores, contact the testing agency to request that scores be sent to Colorado State University (use institution code 4075).
- For any documents that cannot be uploaded, submit paper copies directly to the Office of Admissions at:
Colorado State University – Office of Admissions
1062 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1062
Check Your Application Status: View the status of your application
All application materials must be received by the following dates:
Fall semester: January 15
Spring semester: September 15
Enquiries about the graduate program may be directed to Graduate Adviser